Hamer Fan Club Message Center

So, Led Zeppelin...

elduave

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry about the err, irregular link. :P

Reviews seem overwhelmingly positive from what I've read. I saw the Page/Plant tour twice and was blown away, so I can only imagine how great tonight's show probably was. Man I hope they tour....

RAWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17592875-17592877-large.jpg

Yeah-RAWK of AGED! :P Still, after seeing (and being quite pleased) that Van Halen can still rock out hard, Zep would be one show I'd hate to miss if they came around.

does anybody know what the tickets sold for?

Anywhere from face value to $160K, if the reports are to be believed.

Apparently the lottery winners got a number, and people immediately started auctioning their numbers on Ebay. I see them there now from $300-$2000.

Can Page actually PLAY any of his songs on stage? Or are we so star struck that we ignore the obvious?

???

He's been playing them fine since the '94 Page-Plant thing.

Can Page actually PLAY any of his songs on stage? Or are we so star struck that we ignore the obvious?

I'm not even quite sure what that comment meant. Was there someone other than page playing in those videos? When I saw the Page/Plant tour they were better than any Zep live recording I'd heard... FEROCIOUSLY tight.

Maybe the "can Page actually play" remark has to do with the general consensus that he stunk at both Live Aid as well as the Atlantic 40th anniversary three years later... that would be my opinion, and Page admitted that alcohol affected the Atlantic gig, IIRC, but those performances were 22 and 19 years ago, and I didn't see Plant/Page live.

Maybe the "can Page actually play" remark has to do with the general consensus that he stunk at both Live Aid as well as the Atlantic 40th anniversary three years later... that would be my opinion, but thodr performances were 20 years ago, and I didn't see Plant/Page live.

Or it could be in reference to his notoriously sloppy live performances throughout his entire career.

Just caught some clips on the NBC Evening news...

Looks better than Jack thought? :P

Absolutely. Sounds like they kicked ass. I was shocked to hear that Plant is "only" 59. As I get older, my perception of what is "old" keeps changing. Then again, being a Doug Pinnick fan will do that to you too.

Guest Mike Lee
Maybe the "can Page actually play" remark has to do with the general consensus that he stunk at both Live Aid as well as the Atlantic 40th anniversary three years later... that would be my opinion, but thodr performances were 20 years ago, and I didn't see Plant/Page live.

Or it could be in reference to his notoriously sloppy live performances throughout his entire career.

I just watched the Stairway to Heaven clip posted earlier and that was my first reaction. Bad tone and worse playing. Missed notes, flubbed chords, out of tune bends, you name it. If it was anyone else, we'd be all over it and calling it what it is. But it's Page and Zeppelin so it's OK. I don't buy it.

Now, as a writer, arranger, and producer, Page is a pure genius. There's been no one else like him before or after.

I thought he was incredible in the Black Crowes CD/gigs back in 2000.

I always thought he was just sloppy enough to be cool.

Alway's cool!! I just let a friend borrow that CD, man that's good. I bought the DVD "Later to find out it was a bootleg" but it was cool anyway.

He got sloppy in the mid-late 70s due to dancin' with the H. I don't know what his issue was in the 80s.

His playing was great in 'Song Remains the Same' era - prolly the peak of his live playing. He wasn't sloppy then. Nor has he been since '94 - but he hasn't been as electric or expressive.

If I want precision, I'll listen to someone with flawless technique.

Archived