Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I was offered the guitar tech job for Ace Frehley this week.

Didn't take it, but it would have been fun. For what the gig pays and what I'd have to do physically(my little dose of arthritis makes it hard to lift SVT and Marshall cabs), it wasn't worth it.

Considering that Ace was one of my first real heroes it was a thrill to get the call.

Rocco's doing it, so tell him I said "Hello" if you go to a show.

Before anyone accuses me of bragging... OF COURSE I'M BRAGGING!!!

You would, too.

Thats unbelievably cool....

Shameless plug follows:

I was on BCR gregs webpage yesterday for a good hour browsing their inventory. Cool stuff from cheapies to that 195X Gibson V that sold for $84,000!

What a shame. We would probably have seen you at Rock am Ring in Germany.

Congrats on the job offer, but I think you made the right decision to stay with what you're doing.

I hear that. I got to thinking about breaking down and setting up those Marshalls? Probly doing 200-250 gigs a year. Lot of lifting.

I hereby offer you the job of being *my* guitar tech.

I don't have jack shit to pay you but you won't have to lift anything heavy. I have my wife for that. ;)

Fast forward a few months....

"Has anyone heard from Poe lately?"

:P

Thats unbelievably cool....

Shameless plug follows:

I was on BCR gregs webpage yesterday for a good hour browsing their inventory. Cool stuff from cheapies to that 195X Gibson V that sold for $84,000!

How cool! Ace was a lot of why I (like most everybody my age) picked up the guitar in the first place.

Chap, I'm in the same boat. The BCR web site is dangerous territory! :P

Didn't take it, but it would have been fun.

Basstid. that means you be home this month huh? :P

hell with loading, thats what they have roadies for, an exellent tech is well guarded and pampered ;)

A testament to Greg's abilities, for sure, but I'll bet Ace isn't doing any 200+ gigs a year!

Well, that might be a good reason to take the job, as it's the best of both worlds: not too many gigs, so you can work on other things your side... but you are still Ace's guitar tech! :P --BTW, Greg, that would have been cool as hell! ;)

That's cool-also one of the reasons I took up guitar. Kiss was my first band that I was a real fan of-I had one Alice Cooper album that I really liked but when i got Alive II, it was over. I was just recently dubbing an old Ace solo lp onto cd-forgot that the songs actually rocked.

That would be a tough one to turn down but if you'd be a tech/roadie, as someone coming off his second hernia surgury, I can understand not doing that.

Archived