Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bubs challenge?

Feynman

I've got a new Strat inbound to start the 3rd Annual "Year of the Strat" event.

Shawn, since you have resolved to buy no more guitars this year, I'll resolve to keep this Strat longer than you can keep your vow.

Whaddya' say?

We probably need a wager of some sort...

So, what are the odds? The Strat from MItch to Shawn by the end of the first quarter(?)

Hey, I admire Shawn for even trying. And to state it publicly on the HFC? The man has balls...

The real questions are:

1) Which temptation will prove too great?

2) Who will serve as enablers by buying some of his old gear? (Still digging that H&K Rotosphere, BTW...)

This will be good...

Subscribed.

If this was between Feynman moving his latest acquisition before Brentrocks sells something, I wouldn't touch it.

But I stand behind anyone trying to hold out longer than either of the above two things happening.

If Bubs accepts, he wins this hands down.

Too close to call.

If we want some real stakes:

Mitch sells first = money from sale goes to Shawn.

Shawn buys first = guitar goes to Mitch

Or more realistic:

Mitch sells first = 25% of the money from sale goes to Shawn.

Shawn buys first = guitar goes to Mitch for 4 months (which is about how long he would keep it anyways...)

Damn, Veatch, that is hardcore. We didn't go that far with it, but I like how you think. Still, we decided it needs to hurt a little.

Here's the deal:

bubs had a resolution to buy only one guitar this year, and a few other things (amp modules, misc stuff). We are focused on the guitar here only.

I had a resolution to acquire a nice amp and Strat, and KEEP them all year. We are focused again on the guitar here (Strat is in the mail to me as I type this). As long as the Strat is not defective or something when it arrives, the wager is official.

The loser is to pay $150 to the HFC fund, and another $50ish gift to the winner.

We would also like to solicit suggestions from the forum for funny/appropriate winner/loser gestures/prizes. Please post some ideas, oh wise and funny ones.

This is going to be difficult.

Feel free to have your own side bets and such, bearing in mind that I seem to be the huge underdog here.

In the unlikely event we both make it ALL YEAR, we'll have to figure out appropriate rewards.

P.S. My local friend just informed that I "would be better off just sending in the $200 right now." Feel the love.

Mitch as long as CMatthes does't sell his Mahogany Vector, its going to be a long year..... I don't suspect an early demize but you should start a Timer. Remember fella's in the event that the World Ends short of the Jan1 2013 we must call that a draw.

" We would also like to solicit suggestions from the forum for funny/appropriate winner/loser gestures/prizes. Please post some ideas, oh wise and funny ones"

I suggest that the display of humiliation should be dawned and mandatory at the next HFC, Hamer meet up this year...

Archived