Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Queensryche saga -long read, but it's worth reading.

zorrow

In Cheap Trick's defense, they've managed to put out a new album every 3 years for last decade or so.

Sarzo's a band whore.

I don't think Blotzer has the chops for much of the Queensryche catalog.

I really don't understand why Geoff would pick those people to form a new band with if he wasn't into metal anymore?

p.s. now THAT is how you have a proper band meltdown! I read all 26 pages of wiltons deposition. I would have pulled a Keith Richards on Tate and clubbed him with a guitar...

• 1 month later...
Tickets to aGeoff Tate show recently went on sale here. No Thanks.

+1

No thanks.

A bit late to the party but now that I've read it, I'm floored. What a douche bag. Funny thing is, I read it because a "friend" on FB who is a DJ and a promoter, posted that he had interviewed Tate and what a wonderful guy and performer he is. The accompanying photo tells a more plausible story...

post-11192-0-24662200-1350930450_thumb.j

A bit late to the party but now that I've read it, I'm floored. What a douche bag. Funny thing is, I read it because a "friend" on FB who is a DJ and a promoter, posted that he had interviewed Tate and what a wonderful guy and performer he is. The accompanying photo tells a more plausible story...

post-11192-0-24662200-1350930450_thumb.j

F*ck! My wife says he looks like me. :( And NO. He doesn't!

I really don't understand why Geoff would pick those people to form a new band with if he wasn't into metal anymore?

It suggests that he knows people want to hear the heavy shit and not his cabaret act, so he's chasing the money instead of his "artistic vision" (whatever that may be).

• 5 months later...

Well, looks like Tate has been updated by Todd, who do sing the notes that Tate haven`t got the balls to sing in a long time.

And Ionel: he kinda does looks like you, but with eye makeup..and he plucks his brows!!!! I bet he also dyes the beard...what an ugly a*hole...i won`t be paying to see him!

a12(82).jpg

New material with new singer..

Some recent live stuff with the new guy.

I like that new material and I like Todd La Torre. He also fronted Crimson Glory and perfectly replaced Midnight. I'm glad he's singing for Queensryche now. That new stuff sounds like the Queesryche I used to like -and not like the lame Empire and all the well-crafted-but-irrelevant crap that came after. The highly overrated Empire was the beginning of the end. Luckily, it seems nobody wants to hear that pseudo-intellectual and bland BS anymore, so bye, bye, Mr. Tate. It was about time!

The highly overrated Empire was the beginning of the end. Luckily, it seems nobody wants to hear that pseudo-intellectual and bland BS anymore, so bye, bye, Mr. Tate. It was about time!

That's the first time I've heard someone I agree with about QR on Empire. (had a few good tunes) My favorites were Rage for order and The warning and of course MC. Will reserve judgment on the new stuff when I hear the whole thing, it's definitely a step in the right direction though.

The highly overrated Empire was the beginning of the end. Luckily, it seems nobody wants to hear that pseudo-intellectual and bland BS anymore, so bye, bye, Mr. Tate. It was about time!

That's the first time I've heard someone I agree with about QR on Empire. (had a few good tunes) My favorites were Rage for order and The warning and of course MC. Will reserve judgment on the new stuff when I hear the whole thing, it's definitely a step in the right direction though.
In fact, I think it's also the first time someone thinks exactly like me. Those first three full albums are the ones for me too. Empire was a total let down in my books. Overthought, overproduced, snobbish, too commercial and anything but rocking. The heavy finesse of QR was gone and it never came back ever after. That's why I profoundly disliked Empire. Back then for some reason it was uncool to say you didn't like it. But I didn't. Sad but true.

So, if the new album takes a heavier direction, that's just better than the viscous and flabby Empire. We'll see!

My impression was everyone felt Empire was lackluster, and I never cared for it personally.

My feeling is when you make something like Mindcrime you stop, cause you'll never come close again.

I Agree +1

Meh. I'm sure the 'new' QR is a great band. To me, it's like a great cover band without Chris and Geoff.

For the old stuff, maybe. But if they come with something new and of good quality, I don't see why they cannot be accepted as QR.

And, while I know only few bands survive the loss of their lead singer, in this case the new one is up to the task, I'm sure.

Chris is another story, I have to admit. He was an important driving force in QR, besides being a great player and songwriter. In my head, QR lacks of elegance, mistery and class without Chris' input. But well, at least he wasn't the lead singer, right? :)

Archived