Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA - USA Hamer Korina Standard #46 of 100 - $1800

PSA - No Affiliation, but its odd, no serial number on back of Headstock and no photo of the front of the Headstock.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/4278255019.html

Original owner. From the run of 100 made in 1995.

Guitar is in excellent condition. 9/10

Guitar is light. leaning slightly toward medium. The neck carve is a chunky medium. Action is like butter.. at one time I owned 7 Hamers, this is the best player I have touched. Comes with Duncan Antiquities installed.. incredible woody tone.

The face is clean, the back is clean, the neck is clean.. small nick on the upper horn, some pickguard scratching, and that's about it.

00T0T_7DvbcvNoGFY_600x450.jpg

00505_av5DeT1Z96Z_600x450.jpg

00I0I_kDO0vWgy73G_600x450.jpg

00505_gyjbqQ8P9RO_600x450.jpg

Hope its real and one of you get it.

Paul

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that it is light weight......# 11 of the series is heavier than hell.

Certainly would be worth checking out to see if it is authentic if anyone is in the vicinity.

I'm curious...Why would anybody imply that this isn't 100% legit?

Exactly what Cynic said. The serial is there, just a shite picture.

There is NOTHING suspicious about that one.

Thinking the exact same thing, Gene!

I have to ask, and please limit the crap.

Is it worth $1800?

What concerns me is the seller does not want to provide a picture of the front of the headstock. And, I know my eyesight sucks, but I cannot see the serial number no matter how I blow up the picture.

Also, I'm in Maryland and the seller is west coast. Sending that amount is risky.

I'm in Maryland too, and would do that deal in a heartbeat if I was even remotely in the market.

I've seen and played many guitars from that run, and I am not concerned in the slightest that that one is anything but the real deal and at a smokin' great price. That isn't a '90s Mahogany Standard, that's the ass kicking Korina one.

Sending that amount is risky.

As is posting your phone number online, so you might want to delete the sellers number from your post including the email he sent you.

I'd say its worth it, but you obviously don't believe the four or five others that have said its a good deal, so I won't bother repeating it.

There must be someone here that is close enough to close the deal in person. Unfortunately, I am several hundred miles north of there, up I-5.

At the risk of being the "cynic" I DO get nervous when someone is unwilling to provide pictures. But unless there is something seriously wrong that is being hidden by that unwillingness, it IS a great price. I would pay $1800 cash in person IF I could make that happen. But I do not really NEED a second one........As if that ever stopped me........

I certainly don't know for fact but I think the seller of the Korina Standard is the same as the sellerof the koa Mirage I

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/4278255019.html
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/msg/4278231814.html

(or two people happen to have the same couch that they photograph their guitars on).

I thought the Mirage I owner is an HFC member (Not me) here who has posted it here. He might have sold it to someone and the are listing it but his avatar also has guitar with a wood paneling backdrop that looks similar to the first set of pics of the korina explorer.

You should have confidence in buying from a fellow HFC'er-if that is the case in this situation

Peter

Archived