Fender Jazz Special:

P1010110_zpsf98c3403.jpg

Warmoth body, Carvin neck TBird:

P1010086_zps2d83aadc.jpg

Epiphone Non-Reverse refin and modded:

P1010078_zpsffec2a6c.jpg

Modded Epi Goth:

P1000837.jpg

I have others but don't have good shots of them. Lots of beauties in this thread!!

...I own only one bass (but about 4 dozen guitars). My first guitar in the eighties was a japanese Strat-copy "Sanox Sound Creator", very rare. Some years ago I found a similar bass in ebay. I think if Bruce Wayne would play Bass, this is his first choice...

sanox4.jpg

...I own only one bass (but about 4 dozen guitars). My first guitar in the eighties was a japanese Strat-copy "Sanox Sound Creator", very rare. Some years ago I found a similar bass in ebay. I think if Bruce Wayne would play Bass, this is his first choice...

sanox4.jpg

A pic of me with the President of Sanox at Frankfurt MusicMesse, back in early 90s. He distributed the headless Leduc-designed Logabass that I was an endorser of. Actually picking up a custom green one he had done for me here. Mr Sano was a great guy. passed away around 2008. He also was responsible for the Santuchi Treblebass, that instrument that combined guitar and bass strings across a wide fingerboard.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/mc2NYNO/media/Jon_Sano_Loga_zpsb73dd87e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=64

No pictures of my B4S import Hamer.. But this is another one I have..

VoxBass3.jpg

VoxBass2.jpg

Thanks for fixing the links to live pics. Sorry for posting so many...I was trapped inside in the back room because some guy cleaning my carpets in the middle of the house, so I had some time to kill :)

That upside down TBird pic looks correct on my Photobucket but posts upside down. Strange.

Sorry? SORRY!?!?!! YOU SHOULD BE!!!!! How many of us have now been reduced to weeping, lusting, or just plain old coveting!!! Wow!!!!!! Not sure why I'm even posting after that amazing set, but why not?

B12M from my lovely wife

My main bass
post-2-1150489941_thumb.jpg

Old Kay I bought off my sister. Had the frets yanked out and turned fretless.

post-1271-0-02587300-1365780789_thumb.jp
The blue scarab got sold off a few years back, the Warwick is on the chopping block (German made, before they shipped the Rock Bass off to China).

post-1271-0-27033600-1394458650_thumb.jp

post-1271-0-89934200-1394458769_thumb.jp

sanox4.jpg

A pic of me with the President of Sanox at Frankfurt MusicMesse, back in early 90s. He distributed the headless Leduc-designed Logabass that I was an endorser of. Actually picking up a custom green one he had done for me here. Mr Sano was a great guy. passed away around 2008. He also was responsible for the Santuchi Treblebass, that instrument that combined guitar and bass strings across a wide fingerboard.

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/mc2NYNO/media/Jon_Sano_Loga_zpsb73dd87e.jpg.html?sort=3&o=64

Great Info - thanks! It is hard to find some informations about Sanox in the net.

It makes me sad to read that Mr.Sano (Sano-san?) died.

I remember the Leduc-Sanox. Great bass and surely better than mine ;),,,

• 1 month later...

A new Hamer group shot....Plus a pair of very early Cruisebasses (pot dates 44th week of 1981.)

Oh.....almost forgot a recent score. I have wanted a Ric 4005 for a long time.....1965, restored a decade ago by the guy who led the team at Rickenbacker in the 70s who worked on McCartney's Ric and factory refinned Blue Boy as a personal favor by Ric President John Hall!! Ric expert I got it from says it is the earliest 4005 that he knows of. My good luck was this collector has 200 ultra rare Ric guitars and this was his only bass....and he is not bass player. So it was just hanging on his wall. I think it jumps out from the pack in the group shot. Only one like it...just called out to me! Checkerboard binding on back. Factory new pickguard replaced cracked one...all other hardware original.

post-1235-0-20683500-1397748024_thumb.jp

post-1235-0-71248600-1397748371_thumb.jp

post-1235-0-05708000-1397878382_thumb.jp

post-1235-0-30535000-1397878419_thumb.jp

Mine are fairly pedestrian but work well for my limited needs. MIJ Yamaha BB1600:

DSCN2249_zpse56f7038.jpg

And my '83 MIJ "JV" '57 P-bass:

DSCN1509-1.jpg

I'm currently jonesing bad for another 5-string and feeling stoopid for selling my Cruise 5, but there are others out there, right?

Nice grab on the new 8 string, Jon!! I was REALLY tempted to blow some cash on that one...

Nice grab on the new 8 string, Jon!! I was REALLY tempted to blow some cash on that one...

Thanks Chris :)

The dealer said it came from the Nashville area. I'm curious whose custom order it was, since it's pretty blinged out. I was hoping it might be an early medium scale one but the long headstock just made it look that way.

Of the 50 or so 8-strings I've owned, the very best neck was on a white 1987-88 B8S I got in the Toronto area. I traded it to a friend, figuring I could always get it back but he traded it to a dealer...woke up the next day, ran to get it back but it was already gone.

I always wanted the bass back to send to Hamer to match that neck for a custom order. So, since this one was close to the same age, I hoped it would be close......and it is the exact same KILLER neck as the white one had!!! Now I just need Hamer to start taking orders again :)

Wow... that's a LOT of basses. This makes me feel like I don't have too many basses. I need to really do some good photos of mine, but these will have to do for now:

2003 EBMM Stingray 4 in Lava Pearl

mmbasses5.jpg

2007 EBMM Stingray 5HS in Cherryburst. This is a model before the sterling 5 came out, so it has the ceramic pickups and same electronics as a sterling 5HS.

mmbasses6.jpg

2012 EBMM Stingray 5H in Pearl blue. This has an Alnico pickup like all post-2007 SR5s do.

mmbasses7.jpg

2002 Carvin B4A with a Single coil P and MM style pickup. Alder body with Maple neck. Tri Color burst finish

B4A1.jpg

2008? Carvin B5 with Alnico J style pickups and active Electronics. Swamp ash body and maple neck. Sunsetburst Finish

B5-1.jpg

2011 Carvin XB75 in Translucent Pearl Blue. Maple and walnut Neck through with Swamp Ash body wings. Radiused Humbucking pickups. 35.25" scale. Ebony FB

xb75-1.jpg

And lastly, 2013 Carvin PB4. Swamp ash body, ebony fretboard, blueburst finish.

pb4a.jpg

Archived