Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Guitars USA might be coming back soon.


BCR Greg

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A whole lot has been said here about if/how that could happen. I suppose I have become a skeptic that it could be recreated in the form we remember nostalgically, absent some of the frustrating elements. Have not the "working pieces" become pretty broadly dispersed?

Still, worth hearing about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, kizanski said:

When did the HFC turn into a click bait site?

I LOVE click bait!

It makes the work day go so much faster.

Now bring on the Hamers!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure it could be a cool thing, but weren't a good number of plans / docs chucked out by the famously infamous owners of the brand? So I think awesomely created guitars could happen, I'd hope so, but where would the price point come in... and now there is some very close competition, who has won the hearts of a number of folks here... but competition is good!

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

17 minutes ago, kizanski said:

When did the HFC turn into a click bait site?

This coming from BCR Greg has a little more substance than coming from the normal internet rumor mills. I hope it's true and they can come back with the same quality and play ability that we all love about them. 

Edit to add: I am wondering if the Hamer brand name is now free to use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl.B said:

This coming from BCR Greg has a little more substance than coming from the normal internet rumor mills. I hope it's true and they can come back with the same quality and play ability that we all love about them. 

LOL! Yeah, ok. 
Don't forget to put your tooth under your pillow for the Tooth Fairy, too.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 minutes ago, kizanski said:

LOL! Yeah, ok. 
Don't forget to put your tooth under your pillow for the Tooth Fairy, too.

BCR Greg was a long time Hamer dealer, sorry I will take his word and knowledge of the situation over yours any day Kiz.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Shishkov buying the brand?

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Carl.B said:

 

This coming from BCR Greg has a little more substance than coming from the normal internet rumor mills. I hope it's true and they can come back with the same quality and play ability that we all love about them. 

Edit to add: I am wondering if the Hamer brand name is now free to use?

     If "Hamer" is unavailable, How about "Hummer?" They could have some fun with their advertising.

"Hummer----For when you WANT your playing to suck!"

"My wife promised to give me a Hummer for my birthday!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Carl.B said:

BCR Greg was a long time Hamer dealer, sorry I will take his word and knowledge of the situation over yours any day Kiz.

A person is entitled to be as ignorant as he likes. Try not to abuse the privilege.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been a lifelong Hamer devotee, but that ship has sailed. I have absolutely zero interest in a feebly-resuscitated 'Hamer-in-name-only" brand.  

Like Baker, Schecter or a whole host of other once-respectable brands, there is never going to be another viable Hamer in the market.  Guitars are waning and for Hamer to be worth a damn, they'd have to try to capture the upper-end market, which is now over-saturated with 'boutique' guitar brands.  If Hamer couldn't sell enough to turn a profit when the guitar market was booming and there was less competition in that strata, this sounds like sheer and frankly useless folly to me.

That ship has sailed-the market is geared toward sub-$1k instruments, so unless Hamer is going to try to bring back their imports, which killed their reputation overall, sonebody is wasting lots of time, someone else's money and effort. Clickbait indeed.

Yawn.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

A person is entitled to be as ignorant as he likes. Try not to abuse the privilege.

Ouch, boy you really got me on that one. :D

What did I say that was ignorant?

BCR Greg was a long time Hamer dealer = True

I hope it's true and they can come back with the same quality and play ability that we all love about them.  = True

BCR Greg has more knowledge of the possibility of Hamer brand coming back than you do = True

You acting like a 13 year old little girl on the board = True.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Carl.B said:

Ouch, boy you really got me on that one. :D

What did I say that was ignorant?

BCR Greg was a long time Hamer dealer = True

I hope it's true and they can come back with the same quality and play ability that we all love about them.  = True

BCR Greg has more knowledge of the possibility of Hamer brand coming back than you do = True

You acting like a 13 year old little girl on the board = True.

And one should also always consider the source, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...