Boomerang~Junkie Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 TSB front and back, matching, bound headstock, fret-over neck binding, nickel hardware with mini locking Schallers and the only Sustain Block bridge of the Ultimate run. Medium C to full neck with ebony, bound and crowned. The Sustain Block used on #44 was new, old stock – not a used unit. If you are waiting for Mike to announce another run of his Ultimates - I don’t know anything for sure – but I’d bet you’ll be waiting a while to get a shot at a build spot for one. This is truly a stellar instrument in appearance, playability and tone. Dead mint with dead mint case – no issues, no changes or mods. Just a few hours play time in house. Mike exceeded all expectations on this guitar. #44 thread here: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/73807-0044/ $3900 check or wire transfer with fully insured and tracked shipping on buyer. Sorry no trades.
Dave Scepter Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 53 minutes ago, Boomerang~Junkie said: #44 thread here: http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/73807-0044/ Doooooode... that is an incredible instrument!
Boomerang~Junkie Posted April 9, 2017 Author Posted April 9, 2017 I don't have any idea, I've never weighed it. I've only played this sitting down. But its certainly not a beast for as large as these style guitars are. I know Mike chambered most of these Ultimates to some extent. Has anyone weighed their Ultimate that can "weigh" in on this.
django49 Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 Oh, man! I wish I got on with that body style.....
Boomerang~Junkie Posted April 9, 2017 Author Posted April 9, 2017 4 minutes ago, django49 said: Oh, man! I wish I got on with that body style..... Don, you could just close your eyes and imagine it was a blonde!
Northsider Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 20 minutes ago, kizanski said: ...smh... That's alot of coin so...legitimate to ask.
kizanski Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 23 minutes ago, Northsider said: That's alot of coin so...legitimate to ask. Yeah. If you're a girl.
Northsider Posted April 9, 2017 Posted April 9, 2017 6 minutes ago, kizanski said: Yeah. If you're a girl. Or have a brain.
Boomerang~Junkie Posted April 9, 2017 Author Posted April 9, 2017 OK, my bathroom scale is digital (and accurate) but only displays in half pound increments. #44 shows to be about 8 pounds - give or take a bit.
Tommyd Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 Fair question on the weight, I just don't play my 9.5 lbs and up guitars as much, not as comfortable. However I never bought into the idea lighter guitars sound better, I'm just old with degenerative disk disease.
cmatthes Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 I think that all of the Ultimates were light to medium weight. I would doubt that there are any 9lb . or + in the bunch. All of the ones I've played have been lighter in weight and perfectly balanced.
kizanski Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 42 minutes ago, Northsider said: Or have a brain. Would anyone buy more than three guitars if they used their brain?
atomicwash Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 56 minutes ago, kizanski said: Would anyone buy more than three guitars if they used their brain? You mean three at one time?
django49 Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 3 hours ago, Boomerang~Junkie said: Don, you could just close your eyes and imagine it was a blonde! Scott: Many years ago, I got a poster of a figure that was half female, half guitar from a former (not to be named) young lady, with an inscription reading... "To Don: Who has his own affairs with women and guitars. Both of which are delicate instruments to be played with the fingers". Not entirely sure why I ever let her get away......
Boomerang~Junkie Posted April 10, 2017 Author Posted April 10, 2017 . . . . brown chicken, brown cow . . . . . .
Steve Haynie Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 Come on, guys! We always ask the weight on guitars that are too cool to even be worried about the weight. No one has a sense of humor today.
zorrow Posted April 10, 2017 Posted April 10, 2017 That sustainblocked Standard will haunt me forever.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.