Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Stratocaster Pron Needed.

bubs_42

14 minutes ago, Texsunburst59 said:

That's a beauty CM.

Is that a Dick Dale Sig.?

SURE looks like it Skip.....................I have only seen one of those in person ,pretty darn cool right there.

That's one of my own doing, with a little help from Stike.  Custom lightweight Musikraft reverse/lefty '65 Strat body, reverse/righty trem route, big ol' beefy "D" neck 0.90/1.0", SuperVee Bladerunner, Lollars, and a kickin' Chartreuse Metalflake Nitro finish and vintage satin slab rosewood board.

ChartreuseFlakeStrat61014_zpsc4104f3c.jpg

1 minute ago, kizanski said:

...and surprisingly comfortable to play!

That's exactly what I was waiting for!  Night made.

On January 17, 2018 at 8:25 PM, The Shark said:

Dan Strain in Nashville is where you want to go...

YMiDObM.jpg

And there's the Warmoth "S" that's the best pic I've ever taken...

Wow s that sexy! I have recently fallen in love with the old school 2 tone burst. 

An old squier that is one of my band mates I fixed back up for him.  It was his first guitar and he taken it apart to be painted by some friends 20 years ago and it had been sitting in pieces ever since getting dragged around the country as he moved.  He had lost a bunch of the hardware also.  I really dig the metallic green. 

IMG_1113.JPG

On 1/16/2018 at 11:37 AM, bubs_42 said:

So, i've started the process to sell two of my Telecaster to fund a Strat. I did up 3 Teles over 2017 and settle on one Tele that just does it for me and its the one that as close to "Traditional" as it gets. So 2018 is the year of the Stratocaster, so show me some Strat Love! 

Wait!  How many times have you posted you just don't get along with Strats?  You hate Strats. e.g.,  

:lol:

That said, the partscaster I started last year has come together marvelously.  American Special body, a new Allparts SMO-FAT neck, Callaham trem and now sporting the electronics out of the former Cold Dead Fingers Strat (courtesy of a trade with Punkavenger, owner of the CDFS).  It got too cold to finish the stripped body, but my son wants Fiesta red (I'm still torn between that and Sherwood green).  Hopefully winter won't last too long.

The CDF Strat (if Photobucket cooperates):

P1010008alt.jpg

And the CDF Strat with a really horrible sounding but beautiful VHRRI in (the new version of) Sherwood green:

PA090237.jpg

I tried four sets of pickups (including a set of Wilde Bills) and a Callaham bridge, but still the green guitar's bridge position was the shrillest, thinnest Strat ever.

Here was a great sounding SE3 that came to me (around 1990) after having been played nightly in some bar in Champaign IL.

18555_1164414205059_1669013224_30427730_

Edited to correct the post on the last Strat - that was an E3, not an S3 (the decal would be at least one giveaway, headstock, another...)

24 minutes ago, velorush said:

Wait!  How many times have you posted you just don't get along with Strats?  You hate Strats. e.g.,  

:lol:

That said, the partscaster I started last year has come together marvelously.  American Special body, a new Allparts SMO-FAT neck, Callaham trem and now sporting the electronics out of the former Cold Dead Fingers Strat (courtesy of a trade with Punkavenger, owner of the CDFS).  It got too cold to finish the stripped body, but my son wants Fiesta red (I'm still torn between that and Sherwood green).  Hopefully winter won't last too long.

The CDF Strat (if Photobucket cooperates):

P1010008alt.jpg

And the CDF Strat with a really horrible sounding but beautiful VHRRI in (the new version of) Sherwood green:

PA090237.jpg

I tried four sets of pickups (including a set of Wilde Bills) and a Callaham bridge, but still the green guitar's bridge position was the shrillest, thinnest Strat ever.

Here was a great sounding S3 that came to me (around 1990) after having been played nightly in some bar in Champaign IL.

18555_1164414205059_1669013224_30427730_

What i've learned is a Strat is a Strat and I should not try to make it into anything but a Strat. 

Ahhh.. this again. Currently still have the same three "strat" types I have had for a while. They get the job done.

Hardtail Carvin Bolt in the long discontinued "Electric Blue"

bolt1.jpg

30th Anniversary G&L Legacy in the super awesome rainbow sparkle classic white

legacy1.jpg

G&L Legacy Special in Blueburst with Dimarzio Injector pickups. Currently undergoing a small facelift with new pickup covers (Black) so it's in pieces.

legacyblue4.jpg

14 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

@tbonesullivan how are those Injector pickups? 

Definitely a bunch more articulate than standard "strat" style pickups. Also some more meat to the sound, and increased output. Not HUGE though. They still sound like a strat pickup. They are slightly wider and way taller than a standard strat pickup though, which I found out the hard way when I got new covers for them, and found they didn't fit at all. I found the right covers, and all is good. Just gotta wait for that pickguard. It's now "delayed". UGH. Stupid USPS

Archived