-
Posts
29,465 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
997
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Everything posted by hamerhead
-
Cool Hamer sighting last night in DC…
hamerhead replied to cmatthes's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
How was Del Amitri? I always loved those guys. One of the best bands you never hear about. -
....or the Happy Gilmore sequel....
-
TDC - Walter Parazaider, 81 (Chicago)
hamerhead replied to alantig's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
I liked them early on, but as the music in my sphere got heavier - and Chicago went to the pop side - I listened less and less. No denying the talent, regardless. Losing Kath was monumental. R.I.P., Mr. Parazaider. -
My wife put this on while I was sitting there and I was thinking, 'What is this cheesy shit?', then find out it's a real story that really happened in Milwaukee. And the more I watched, the better it got - the depictions of small-town Wisconsin 'fame' and the people who strive to attain it were dead on, cheese and all. Plus the fact that Wolverine and Kate Hudson did their own singing - and did it really well - added a lot to it. Neil Diamond is a great talent, both as a writer and a performer. Not my go-to by any stretch, but I grew up with sisters who had his records, and 'Hot August Night' is pretty damn good. This movie was a surprise, but waking up with Niel Diamond earworms sucks. I need a rock and roll Q-tip.
-
Sorry for your loss, Don. Sounds like a great friend. And why do these things have to happen in Wisconsin?? First Otis, then Stevie, now Micheal. R.I.P., Mr. Gargano.
-
Well done! ....but I don't see any Specials or Juniors in there.....
-
You DEFINITELY need both. And an Artist. And probably a Special. And a Junior. And.......
-
Amp/effect modeling rigs - live or memorex?
hamerhead replied to mrjamiam's question in Ask the HFC Experts
I have used a million-year-old Boss GT-3 - live and studio - for 20 years. It has every Boss effect in it and has never failed to produce usable sounds for every recording fiasco I have attempted. For your home studio, whatever you use will work just fine. If you get a recording contract, you'll be re-recording everything anyways, so don't sweat the small details - get the best take you can with the gear available and make the song come alive. And if that doesn't work, listen to the tones of Billy Gibbons or Jimmy Page. Standing alone you'd think 'what the fuck?'. But in context, there's none better. -
Exciting new Dean model - the Chapter 11 BK
hamerhead replied to Tortious's topic in Hamer Fan Club Messageboard
🤪 -
How many picks…
hamerhead replied to Montelovesco's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
Tortex seem to work better with a little moisture. I got in the habit of wetting my first finger and thumb and rarely drop one anymore. Only took 40 years to figure that out. -
Looking for recommendations for a luthier to chamber a guitar
hamerhead replied to jginsj's question in Ask the HFC Experts
Holy f**k - somebody actually did it! -
Opening night with the eyes of the world on her. I'd be dropping more than that....
-
Looking for recommendations for a luthier to chamber a guitar
hamerhead replied to jginsj's question in Ask the HFC Experts
1" spade bit from the side. Cover resulting holes with duct tape (checkerboard, if you're feeling fancy).- 15 replies
-
- 10
-
-
-
PSA '87 Chap for Cheap
hamerhead replied to velorush's topic in For Sale - Wanted to Buy - PIF - eBay & Other PSAs
^^^That one just hurts the eyes.