Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FB FS How ofen do you see a USA Hamer Firebird FS?

Hamer_Auction_04052010_015.JPG

Hamer_Auction_04052010_013.JPG

Hamer_Auction_04052010_010.JPG

This is one of two that I've seen in 12 years on this board and the other had a headstock repair. All original, no issues other than some minor lacquer cracks. Original Ferrari Red finish, OHSC with a replaced handle. Medium to thin neck. Frets are in great shape. Plays and sounds great.

$2,000.00 O.B.O.

I was the owner of the other one- the repaired headstock HH FB. Sold it to a gentleman in Tokyo. Awesome axes. Miss it already.

Question: How does it hang?

Badly :ph34r: - i've got two and used to gig one of them. Look great but flop forward no matter where you put the strap button.

Ooooh, a photo !

NewImage.jpg

not often enough :ph34r:

Question: How does it hang?

Hmmm. I guess there are differences between individual guitars. This isn't one that I play very often, but I didn't remember it having any tendency to "neck dive".

I just checked it. The balance is actually very close to neutral. Using a narrow leather (not suede) strap, it stays in position with both hands off, regardless of whether I position the neck level with the floor or at an upward angle.

Never noticed neck dive on this one. It's actually a "Reverse Bird" in the books-predating the FB model designation. One of only two I've seen with the Hum/sing/sing combination and iirc, the only one with this control layout. Stupid rare and cool and BadgerDave is AWESOME to deal with.

I only ask because I had a Gibson Firebird with the strap button on the shoulder and it rocketed to the ground when you let go of it. And I've never seen a Hamer Firebird in real life, but that one is a world class beauty! Someone will be happy!

I had a regular production Gibby that was neck heavy. I had a custom shop Gibby that hung perfectly. I sold em both eventually. I always hoped Hamer would build me one. Almost, at one point. I think I'm gonna get me another Gibby CS piece soon, in a custom color, and be done with it.

??????????

This one will be better than the Gibby CS model at about 1/3 of the price. Just sayin' :ph34r:

That and the black FB bass are just KILLER!

This one?

blackfbiv.jpg

I likes it too...

The 'for sale' FB is pretty dang cool... If I were to stumble upon an FB guit, black on black with dots... i'd be very interested. Just to have a mate to my bass...

Hamer_Auction_04052010_013.JPG

I still think that's one of the coolest guitars, in the coolest colour, with the coolest pickup combo with a Floyd that I have ever seen. Period.

:ph34r: << Dreamy face, not sarcastic face.

This one will be better than the Gibby CS model at about 1/3 of the price. Just sayin' :ph34r:

I agree, it's just the pickup combo & trem is all wrong for my personal Bird.

I can't believe it's not gone already. It will be, soon~

I can't believe it's not gone already. It will be, soon~

i'm trying to sell off some gear to make it happen!!!!

Archived