Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Vai shreds it UP on a tripleneck!

I have the DVD. It was at one of the G3 tours - the one with Yngwie if I remember correctly.

Yep that's the one - in Denver.

Still like Yngwie's playing better when they are all 3 up on stage. He playing is way meaner in attitude compared the Satch or Vai.

Regardless the video is cool as hell and the playing is great.

I have lots of Vai stuff. Couple VHS tapes, 3 of the G3 DVD's, he is on a Crossroads DVD I have and a couple others. Seen him also live two or 3 times and 2 G3 tours live.

Still like Yngwie's playing better when they are all 3 up on stage. He playing is way meaner in attitude compared the Satch or Vai.

I went to that G3 here in Montreal, and to me it was Satch who stole the show when the three played together. Malmsteen and Vai were of course amazing, but at a given point they began repeating themselves. However, every time it was Satch's turn, he managed to play something different. In addition, his playing was as loaded with chops as it was tasteful. To me he gave the audience a lesson on phrasing and on applied modal theory. In one sentence, Satch's improvisational skills are very impressive and he's a total master of his craft.

It just doesn't get any sicker than

Probably the best video I have seen in a while. Enjoy kids!

That video is a fake! I have the G3 DVD at home. In the original he's playing an amazing smooth song rather than the stupid playing you here in this video.

Take this instead.

I went to that G3 here in Montreal, and to me it was Satch who stole the show when the three played together. Malmsteen and Vai were of course amazing, but at a given point they began repeating themselves. However, every time it was Satch's turn, he managed to play something different. In addition, his playing was as loaded with chops as it was tasteful. To me he gave the audience a lesson on phrasing and on applied modal theory. In one sentence, Satch's improvisational skills are very impressive and he's a total master of his craft.

I have the G3 DVD from Budokan ( Vai, Satriani, and Petrucci) and in it, JP was solid in his solo material but over all didn't represent himself well, IMO. Vai was typically flamboyant and flashy and Satch was rock solid and grounded but Petrucci kinda dissapointed me during the 3 way jam. Lots of blindingly fast tremolo picking that really didn't do much else. I know JP's got the goods but he didn't bring it that night. I saw him live w/ G3 featuring Satch and Paul Gilbert. He was smokin' then.

It just doesn't get any sicker than

Probably the best video I have seen in a while. Enjoy kids!

That video is a fake! I have the G3 DVD at home. In the original he's playing an amazing smooth song rather than the stupid playing you here in this video.

Take this instead.

Take this to carnival. I've been stupidly serious with this. Could it get any sicker than that?

Take this to carnival. I've been stupidly serious with this. Could it get any sicker than that?

At least you have an excuse... you're translating on the fly.

What's Steve's? lolz.

I've always been a clown.

My elementary school principal suggested that I enroll at Clown College. I should have taken him up on the offer... because sadly, there is no place to formally study the art of clowning these days.

Fuck even that was sarcasm. How the hell does one translate English sarcasm?

And yes Brooks, the Jake E. Lee video was my gateway drug.

I love to laugh I can't help it... of course, the other side of the coin is that I have explosive anger disorder and am a dark motherfucker.

Go figure.

Did you see all those adoring hot chicks in the audience?

Me neither.

:o:huh::lol:

I went to see Vai a few years back in Baltimore. Eric Sardinas opened. Eric was insanely good, totally on fire with raw energy and worked the crowd like no tomorrow.

Vai came on and by the third song I was ready to go. By the middle of the fourth, I was headed out the door. Yes, he's got mad skills on guitar but fretboard gymnastics with no feeling, backed up with lots of fans to flow his hair, just didn't do it for me. YMMV

Having said that, I thoroughly like watching the G3 videos of him jamming with the other featured guitarists. And when I saw him in the 80s with Zappa then later in the DLR Band, it was a complete hoot.

Me neither.

:o Man, you are the man! :huh:

Me neither.

:o:huh::lol:

I went to see Vai a few years back in Baltimore. Eric Sardinas opened. Eric was insanely good, totally on fire with raw energy and worked the crowd like no tomorrow.

Vai came on and by the third song I was ready to go. By the middle of the fourth, I was headed out the door. Yes, he's got mad skills on guitar but fretboard gymnastics with no feeling, backed up with lots of fans to flow his hair, just didn't do it for me. YMMV

Having said that, I thoroughly like watching the G3 videos of him jamming with the other featured guitarists. And when I saw him in the 80s with Zappa then later in the DLR Band, it was a complete hoot.

I think I saw the same tour. I had roughly the opposite reaction. :lol:

-Austin

Listen to the intro - I have the DVD - after the DVD ends there is a seen back stage where Vai and Satch are telling Yngwie they were amazed at his playing on this song especially the intro.

He can do awesome blues and phrasing but that is not what he chooses to do in his style of playing.

Everybody has their own tastes. If you prefer Satch thats cool. I prefer Satch's music better. But when it comes to flat out burning on the guitar......

Voodoo Chile

Seen Satch 4 times

Seen Vai 3 Times

Seen Yngwie 3 Times

Archived