Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2013 "Buy No Guitars" Challenge - **WINNERS ANNOUNCED**

Feynman

Wrap your stuff up....time is running out!

You two in or not? -->

• savethematches

• montelovesco
Sorry for not reacting, but after a Vanguard in January and a Monaco today (not talking about the guitars I might find during our US tour in Summer) I guess I am finally out...

I'm out. Unexpected opportunity came up to buy back something from a friend. Since I sold it to him at a realistic price, it was offered back to me for the same realistic price. Therefore, it was just to good of a deal to pass up. Oh well.

My offer still stands if Paul/you don't want that case! :D

I was able to resist a Mettalic Pearl White USA Dean Z 1000 Series and a Gloss Natural Korean made Chicago Series Z Standard on Friday at the Dean factory tour I went on. I really thought I wanted one of the Chicago Series Zs but not really me. The Pearl White one was hard to resist though. :unsure::blink:B)

Maaaaaan, there's a Charvel 475 Deluxe being sold locally.....the only way I'm resisting it (for now) is because its got the late model toothpaste logo (Yuck!). I know its superficial, but that toothpaste squiggle is keeping me from throwing in the towel a month in to the challenge....I literally lost sleep last night laying in bed thinking if I should scoop it or not. :unsure:

I'm out.

I couldn't resist the siren call of a Steinberger ZT3. My small boat is now dashed upon the shoals of new guitar ownership.

But my consolation prize is the ZT3, a Westone Challenger (Charvel copy) in a color that I've been looking for for 3 years, and a handful of neck-through Yamaha shredders.

Now that I'm out:

Here in Beijing there is a MIM Fender Strat w/ noiseless Fender pickups. The asking price is about $220, but I bet I can get a local to do a straw man purchase for maybe as low as $110 (first rule of Chinese commerce: double the price for white folks).

The reasons I'm hesitating:

1) I don't like strats, and hate vintage terms with a passion

2) I don't want to make my relations here store a guitar for me, but taking it home would probably mean an extra luggage charge

3) is it *really* a MIM strat? I don't know Fenders enough to be sure, and you can find counterfeits of just about anything here in China

Sooner or later you will all fall...is like asking a bunch of nymphos to be abstinent on spring break.....give in already and follow your desires if your pocket allows it.

Let the GASonomics resume without any more suffering!!!!

I doubt I'll be able to last all year; my thing is more about trying to be a bit less of a guitar slut and have higher standards; not just buying something because it catches my eye. So far so good, but I already have a mental list of a handful of guitars that I'll have no problem throwing in the towel for if they show up at the right price point.

-

Austin

I doubt I'll be able to last all year; my thing is more about trying to be a bit less of a guitar slut and have higher standards; not just buying something because it catches my eye. So far so good, but I already have a mental list of a handful of guitars that I'll have no problem throwing in the towel for if they show up at the right price point.

-

Austin

+1

Frankly, I really don't think I can do much better than the incoming custom order Cali, custom shop Jackson Star, or my Python project Cali, and a revamped, refin-ed, modded Blitz. YMMV. :D

Sooner or later you will all fall...

Personally, I've been on such a pickup binge, I've not had time to even look at anything else. Got pretty far on installing the Lollars in my Gibson last night (wired up, series / parallel switching working just fine if the polepiece clicks are any indication), just lack getting the wiring harness properly stuffed into the rabbit hole.

Picked up a set of Suhr pickups for my Strat off eBay (ML Standards with a V60LP for the bridge). Wasn't really looking for any, but the price was very right... I miss the now PunkAvenger Strat's Texas Specials too bad and thought these might be a similar but interesting alternative.

Unfortunately, the Rio Grande Buffalo Bucker in Hamer-approved zebra arrived last Friday as a two conductor rather than four conductor... been waiting since 4 September on that... the Kiz Senior is sad.

; my thing is more about trying to be a bit less of a guitar slut

-

Austin

We are all guitar sluts. That's why we're here.

Feeling better now?

:)

Though i understand your point, one cannot simply buy anything with a neck and a pup on it for $350.

I think I may have to file for an exemption. I bought the bass to help a friend out. Matthes knows the story. It used to be mine, but it was sold yesterday for exactly what I paid for it. So I was almost acting as middle man/broker. In addition, I sold off another piece from my personal stash.... So I am currently sitting at -1 for the year. That may actually move me to the top of the leader board, eh ?????

What say ye? Am I back in or what?

Well, i did do a craigslist assist for an HFC member - i paid for the guitar, the HFC member paid me back, and i shipped the guitar. So, technically, i bought a guitar and resold it... Sounds the same as Turdus' situation.

So, if Turdus is out, so is i...

I'll throw myself at the mercy of the court.

Well, i did do a craigslist assist for an HFC member - i paid for the guitar, the HFC member paid me back, and i shipped the guitar. So, technically, i bought a guitar and resold it... Sounds the same as Turdus' situation.

No, that doesn't count.

I have ruled.

No, that doesn't count.

I have ruled.

I am so glad I have no dog in this hunt. ;)

Veatch is safe (per Kizanski's Rule).

Turdus, I think we'll need more info.

Veatch was a pure middleman/enabler, something highly encouraged around here.

It seems to me that Turdus bought a bass for himself to help his friend out. A short time later, he moved it on to someone else. Do I have that right?

These are very important matters to consider, and Kizanski will likely need more data before his next ruling.

I'm out. But I was never on the roster. : )

Check sent over to Racer X for that '86 TLE.

Send me a check and i'll give you a free pass. Hurry I have only one left ;) Price Reduction on Loop Holes. Only $19.95 for the next 30 minutes.

Sorry...X just got my available $. I'll live with my non-rostered shame all the same... And a new to me TLE! :P

Archived