Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who are the best guitarists & bassists in the you area?

Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame

Question

Edited to add:

This is connected to me becoming a Jon Kammerer representative.

Jon is exploring the idea of offering some endorsement deals, ranging from at-cost guitars up to a signature line where the guitarist gets a percentage of net profit from sales, in return for using Jon Kammerer guitars on stage and/or in videos, or the right to use pictures of the guitarist playing the guitar in promotional advertisements.

The more famous the guitarist and the more use, the more exposure the guitars get, the more financially advantageous the deal.  Right now I'm just gathering information on people to contact. 

I originally didn't want to go too deeply into this because this is a Hamer Fan Club website.  I will be posting the same on other guitar websites as I get up to speed on memberships.

Bottom line: this is not an attempt to convert anyone here to try Jon Kammerer Guitars.  But guitarists know guitarists, and networking is key, so...

Looking for best guitarists and/or bassists...people are already regionally known, people with the potential to be nationally known.

So I am thinking of larger metroplexes. But if you live in a smaller area and can make a case, I'm open.

Also include contact information if you can.  I'm thinking Band Website rather than email address.

Best guitarist in my area, and Hamer enthusiast as well is Mr Geoff Hartwell. In fact, when he wears that glass medicine jar on his finger there are folks who consider him best on the planet.Myself included in that group. He's easy to find right here. 

Ben Van Dyke is a tele-master, country-picker extraordinaire. He lives local and plays and tours with his father, Leroy Van Dyke. 

Ben is one of the nicest people in my area too. Head is screwed on tight.

12 hours ago, marc61 said:

Best guitarist in my area, and Hamer enthusiast as well is Mr Geoff Hartwell. In fact, when he wears that glass medicine jar on his finger there are folks who consider him best on the planet.Myself included in that group. He's easy to find right here. 

3 hours ago, anotherfreak said:

well,

I live in Dallas, there are some ass-kickers and humblers all around, but I'll chime in for Andy Timmons.

http://andytimmons.com/

i've seen him in different settings from butt-rock to bebop, and I have ALWAYS walked away impressed

Andy Timmons and Geoff Hartwell might be too established for what we're looking for.

But I'm just starting the search, and ruling nothing out.

So I appreciate the input.  If there's any reason I should *not* contact someone about a possible endorsement or even just trying out a guitar in exchange for a review, let me know.

Sadly, after searching for around twenty years, I've concluded I am the only guitarist in my area...

...and I wouldn't deserve to draw a crowd if I gave out hot dogs and moon pies.

1 hour ago, velorush said:

Sadly, after searching for around twenty years, I've concluded I am the only guitarist in my area...

...and I wouldn't deserve to draw a crowd if I gave out hot dogs and moon pies.

Hm. Okay, we'll offer you an endorsement deal where you pay us extra to get to use our guitars. :D

48 minutes ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

Hm. Okay, we'll offer you an endorsement deal where you pay us extra to get to use our guitars. :D

Use them for what?  The only time I've picked any of them up lately was to check how a new partscaster neck is settling in.*

Thank you, but I have too many as it is. :)

* nicely, if you're curious, but the new nut is too high so it's going to have to come back apart.

Best bass player I know of regionally is my oldest son. At high school times, he once had been a countrywide select for Jazz/Big Band, played in a band with CD recorded, and school band.

Best guitar player I know of is a classical guitar player and teacher at International Academy of Tone Arts in Darmstadt, Germany. As a teacher he accounts for about 14 awards of his students. He's involved in many projects of classical music.

Drummer weren't asked, but there is Aliyar Kinik. He played school band and big band with my son. Won several youth contests nationally and EU wide. Eventually graduated at Musicians Institute, LA. Now he seems to have a contract with an orchestra in Paris my wife told me as she met him the other week while visiting his parents on a break. He's supposed to make a great career.

17 hours ago, The Shark said:

Barry Richman in Atlanta.  Three of my best friends went to DeVry University in 1981.  I saw the Visitors in 1983 at Piedmont Park.  It was a religious experience.  Barry's been around for almost forty years. He's awesome. 

Saw him at a local blues club 6-8 years ago and he had a two amp stereo setup, definitely brought the goods. Bought a CD of his as well, super nice guy too. Loved the version he did of this one.

For guitar, probably Steve Miller, but he's been selling his various Seattle-area estates lately.

6 hours ago, velorush said:

Use them for what?  The only time I've picked any of them up lately was to check how a new partscaster neck is settling in.*

Thank you, but I have too many as it is. :)

* nicely, if you're curious, but the new nut is too high so it's going to have to come back apart.

I was just trying to run with your joke... ;)

Well, Larry Howard for one but he recently passed. His good friend Skip Fry - he's in the Blues Hall of Fame and endorsed by Melancon Guitars. He lives down the road from me. Then there is a guy who lives down the road between us named Pat Baker. He works for Dean guitars. These guys you will have to hit up on FB.

Then there is a guy in the next town over on the coast, our very own, Mirage Jake. 

Archived