Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Is this guitar worth 10K?

10K Carvin DC400 REALLY?

Although... it does say "No reasonable offer will be refused"

I don't know about you... but I feel lucky just to have read his ad. I think guitars that have "never been touched" are SUPER rare! I wonder how the hell they built it -Robots???

I can die in peace now:):)!!!:):):)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CARVIN-DC4...107032?hash=item285c0de7d8:g:lMAAAOSwRNRbD2dw

The only shipping they offer is FedEx Priority Overnight.  Also, they live in Palm Desert, which isn't far from Palm Springs and about an hour from where I used to be stationed at, at Twentynine Palms (AKA Twentynine Stumps) about 15 years ago...IIRC, Palm Desert was low-rent compared to Palm Springs and had a fair population of meth heads back then, this Ebay listing leads me to believe that they're still there.

IMO, There's no guitar worth 10K... and if there was, it certainly wouldn't be a Carvin. Just sayin'.

I wouldn't pay $10 for any Carvin, so...

6 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Keisel will build that guitar for far less than $9999 and even put a Carvin logo on it. 

A tricked out DC600X (tremolo) without the electronics will set you back less than $3k.

I've spent time in Palm Desert. Nice enough place but the sun will bake your brain...

Maybe its a situation where the Mrs. found out what he paid for it. He inflated the value to show what a "great deal" he got and now she's calling his bluff? It could happen......

When you break into the 10k market there is a very limited pool of buyers. 

Perhaps a celebrity owned Carvin could fetch that amount, but I cannot think of a celebrity guitarist that used Carvins and could generate such interest. 

The usual variable is probably at play here.  Wife wants him to sell the guitar, he lists it for an unrealistic price, now it is for sale and she gets off his ass about it. 

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

The usual variable is probably at play here.  Wife wants him to sell the guitar, he lists it for an unrealistic price, now it is for sale and she gets off his ass about it. 

So, you could say that in this case it is "for sale."

Never been touched, eh? One of those pictured shows the guitar out of the case and on a guitar stand. How did THAT happen, Mister I-Use-Too-Many-Quotation-Marks? How did it get out of the case? On its own power? Telekinesis? We wanna know!

55 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Perhaps a celebrity owned Carvin could fetch that amount, but I cannot think of a celebrity guitarist that used Carvins and could generate such interest.

The only person of notoriety I have ever seen use a Carvin guitar from beginning to end of a show was Craig Chaquico with Jefferson Starship in the early 1980's.  There have been people in local opening acts that have use Carvin for an entire show.  The only big name player who has used Carvin products consistently for years has been Steve Vai with his signature amps.  For some reason celebrity owned amps never bring the attention that guitars do. 

37 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The only person of notoriety I have ever seen use a Carvin guitar from beginning to end of a show was Craig Chaquico with Jefferson Starship in the early 1980's.  There have been people in local opening acts that have use Carvin for an entire show.  The only big name player who has used Carvin products consistently for years has been Steve Vai with his signature amps.  For some reason celebrity owned amps never bring the attention that guitars do. 

At the G4 guitar camp, they sold the Carvin amp Steve used at a $500 discount to not have to deal with it otherwise at the the conclusion. 

Either it was a typo or he really doesn't want to sell it (as others have already suggested), which seems more likely...or maybe he smokes weed and the effects finally took their toll.

Archived