Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Russia if you're listening, I want a Scepter!


Recommended Posts

Posted

                                                                                                                    Its calling you "COMRADE" DAVE.;)

Posted
16 minutes ago, Tortious said:

Looks cool, but, um, is that a cracked headstock?

 

spacer.png

Hard to tell with those drilled through Floyd nuts screws "hate those things"... Definitely majorly stressed though~

90% of all the SS1 models seem to show that stress area... mostly just paint but still makes me really nervous especially a mahogany neck

 

Posted
10 minutes ago, Tortious said:

Looks cool, but, um, is that a cracked headstock?

 

spacer.png

 

1 minute ago, Dave Scepter said:

Hard to tell with those drilled through Floyd nuts screws "hate those things"... Definitely majorly stressed though~

It’s a pretty common phenomenon.

Posted

I have a VERY strong suspicion that I remember this guitar from a decade ago.  If so, that's a total refin...

Posted
12 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

I have a VERY strong suspicion that I remember this guitar from a decade ago.  If so, that's a total refin...

Ya'd think they could at least bother to paint over the cracks at the headstock. 🙃

In Russia, guitar refin you?

Posted

That’s the first Scepter I’ve liked the look of. That’s sweet. Pricey, I guess especially if it is a refin.

Posted

If the neck was questionable and they wanted to allay any worries... um... maybe a picture or two of the joint in question, up close and real personal-like, not at the edge of a picture?

Dents beside of the top lock is only a paint, not wood, wood is ok.

Posted
15 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I have a VERY strong suspicion that I remember this guitar from a decade ago.  If so, that's a total refin...

Chris, I agree that I think that one was a total refin.  

Peter

Posted

Would Hamer have put a black logo partially over a black finish? 

Hellrider used that metallic burnt orange on more than one guitar he refinished.  His work looked good in photos.  If he refinished that guitar he would have fixed a crack first.  That guitar could have taken a whack since then if he was the one to refinish it. 

Most of the Hamers I have seen with the screws going though the back of the neck for a Floyd nut have the finish cracking between the screw holes.  Studio Custom posted a photo of one of his guitars with no crack, so it is common without affecting every guitar with the Floyd nut attached that way. 

A better photo of the cracking would be a good thing for the seller and the buyer.  There could be more there for discussion.  I had a Hamer with suspicious crack lines that did not have a problem, but it was believed to be more than just finish cracking. 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Would Hamer have put a black logo partially over a black finish? 

Hellrider used that metallic burnt orange on more than one guitar he refinished.  His work looked good in photos.  If he refinished that guitar he would have fixed a crack first.  That guitar could have taken a whack since then if he was the one to refinish it. 

Most of the Hamers I have seen with the screws going though the back of the neck for a Floyd nut have the finish cracking between the screw holes.  Studio Custom posted a photo of one of his guitars with no crack, so it is common without affecting every guitar with the Floyd nut attached that way. 

A better photo of the cracking would be a good thing for the seller and the buyer.  There could be more there for discussion.  I had a Hamer with suspicious crack lines that did not have a problem, but it was believed to be more than just finish cracking. 

Hellrider is a whack on crack.

Posted
2 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Would Hamer have put a black logo partially over a black finish? 

Very good point.  

Posted

That is definitely his work.  The serial number rendering and the copper finish is what triggered it.

Although it’s unlikely the break was there after he finished it, who knows what lies beneath any of those reworks...

Posted

Wutzup wit dat case?.. anybody know where I can find him?.. I want to hit him up for some headstock decals g0UMOIj.png

 

Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Wutzup wit dat case?.. anybody know where I can find him?.. I want to hit him up for some headstock decals g0UMOIj.png

 

That's a regular case from that era.

What headstock transfer (not decal...Hamer NEVER used decals) do you need?

Posted
45 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

That's a regular case from that era.

Yeah but look at the logo and its placement... my Scepter case logos are all positioned on the lower left, "handle up" & not all crooked and stuff BUQfZta.png

Photo used for example~

Posted

It's not uncommon.

  • 3 weeks later...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...