srmd22 Posted August 4, 2013 Posted August 4, 2013 EDIT: Asking Price $2100 including shipping/ins/PP See thread for updates, guitar back on market, lowered asking price, all reasonable offers welcome. Original post: I hate to do it, but I may sell this one: This pic, above, is probably the closest in accuracy regarding the color. I bought this in 2006 on the bay-- may have been from a Fan Club member, but I don't know. I saw an identical guitar on the forum in a search, and how many purple birds-eye maple artists can there be? (See edits and updates). Comes with both the gold and the black knobs. I almost hate to sell this thing, it is so nice, but I have a ton of guitars, and this is not getting played much. I got it pretty much mint, and it remains close to mint, with the exception of light pick scatches in the clearcoat under the pickups, as all guitars have after being played a bit. No scratches through the finish, no dents, very minimal light swirls, this guitar is in most excellent condition. (Edited) Plays great and sounds great, like all USA hamers. I don't even remember quite what I payed for it, but this is a rare (maybe even one of a kind- anybody know?) color, and I already have sellers remorse, so I am asking $2500 plus shipping, CONUS. Price is negotiable, depending. Once the deal is done, it's done, but I might pull this at any time (I am sitting here noodling on the thing through a '62 blackface deluxe, and wondering if I am crazy). I will provide a decent hard shell case, but not sure if I have the original-- moved a bunch of times since I bought it, and I keep most of the guitars out on stands, cases are in storage, mostly. I might have it though. By the way, I am a new member here, this is my first post, as far as I can recall, although I lurk quite a bit. I have 100% positive feedback on ebay, fwiw, but low volume-- I don't sell much. Feel free to PM with any questions, of course. Edit: to update, this was a custom order guitar by a HFC member, manufactured in 2002. Unique item with bound f-hole, beautiful custom purple quilt maple top, bound body, neck and headstock with MOP hamer logo on headstock. As for condition, I thought I was being accurate when I said near mint, but there are some pick scuff marks under the string/pick-up area. They are light, and could probably be buffed away with that restore stuff luthiers use, but I don't see the point, if you are going to play the guitar they will immediately reappear, as they do on all guitars. I never noticed them before. But in light of this, I have edited the description.
ARM OF HAMER Posted August 4, 2013 Posted August 4, 2013 If you look on the "Guitar Museum" you can see one like yours that sold for 2K all original in near mint condition in 2007. From the sellers description he states its a rare color. Sure one of the real experts here on the HFC can tell you much more. Its a VERY beautiful guitar I can tell you that!
velorush Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 Wouldn't the bound F-hole make it a C/O? I don't remember seeing that on the typical Artist Custom.Badger Dave posted the third picture down in an Artist Custom Appreciation thread on 12 October, 2007, so there's certainly some HFC provenance. Beautiful guitar. GLWTS
marcnorth Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 Wouldn't the bound F-hole make it a C/O? I don't remember seeing that on the typical Artist Custom.Badger Dave posted the third picture down in an Artist Custom Appreciation thread on 12 October, 2007, so there's certainly some HFC provenance. Beautiful guitar. GLWTSSame picture as the third one here.
cmatthes Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 It's a custom order - quilt, bound F-hole, custom finish...GREAT guitar.
killerteddybear Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 Being purple, is the "the Artist formerly Known as Prince"? By the way, it's drop dead gorgeous.
django49 Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 A real beauty! For the good of my bank account, I have a "CO" shipping later this month and I had BETTER get that paid for first!Do you know if that is the stock setup with Seth Lovers?GLWS.
hamerhead Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 Being purple, is the "the Artist formerly Known as Prince"? By the way, it's drop dead gorgeous. Hahahahaha! Always loved that guitar.
srmd22 Posted August 5, 2013 Author Posted August 5, 2013 Wouldn't the bound F-hole make it a C/O? I don't remember seeing that on the typical Artist Custom.Badger Dave posted the third picture down in an Artist Custom Appreciation thread on 12 October, 2007, so there's certainly some HFC provenance. Beautiful guitar. GLWTSTurns out this is indeed that guitar! It was a Custom Order, as per Badger Dave. I didn't realize about the bound f-hole, that is very cool.
srmd22 Posted August 5, 2013 Author Posted August 5, 2013 A real beauty! For the good of my bank account, I have a "CO" shipping later this month and I had BETTER get that paid for first!Do you know if that is the stock setup with Seth Lovers?GLWS.Actually, that is what I assumed, but now that I have learned it was a CO, I am not sure. I will see if Badger Dave recalls.
Lockbody Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 It's a custom order - quilt, bound F-hole, custom finish...GREAT guitar.Si. One of the ones I really regret not having the scratch for when it Badger sold it.
srmd22 Posted August 5, 2013 Author Posted August 5, 2013 Badger Dave provided me a bit more info:"...placed through Willcutt Guitars in Lexington, KY in 2001 and finished in early 2002. The custom features include an upgraded quilt maple top, transparent purple finish, ebony fingerboard and a bound f-hole. I believe it also has a pearl inlaid Hamer logo on the headstock, which was a custom feature at the time."
atquinn Posted August 5, 2013 Posted August 5, 2013 I should have known it was a Willcutt guitar with those specs. As I said in the Artist Custom Appreciation thread; the best looking Artist ever!-Austin
srmd22 Posted August 6, 2013 Author Posted August 6, 2013 Found the case for it, complete with some knobs a trus-rod wrench and the ownners manual. Case is like new also. Couple of offers in, but a bit lower then where I'd like to be.
srmd22 Posted August 7, 2013 Author Posted August 7, 2013 Thanks all! I guess it's going to go after all. I have a few offers on the table in my range, surprisingly, and kind of sadly No solid committment quite yet, but it will probably be gone in the next few days. Until then, however, it is still up for grabs, to the highest bidder! To those who pm'd me with offers and info, thanks!
srmd22 Posted August 7, 2013 Author Posted August 7, 2013 You're crazy -that's all I can say. Lol, I think you are right!
srmd22 Posted August 8, 2013 Author Posted August 8, 2013 I took some more pics for a prospective buyer, thought I would share them, as they came out well (no flash).
srmd22 Posted August 8, 2013 Author Posted August 8, 2013 SOLD! (wipes a tear) Stunning guitar - sorry it has to go. Thanks, me too I do have a couple of nice guitars in the collection to console myself with though
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.