KofSeattle Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 After narrowly missing out on the Aircraft Carrier last week I have been on the lookout for my next and hopefully last (yeah right) Hamer purchase. This came up today, made an offer but the seller is too rich for my blood. Beautiful guitar though!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hamer-Standard-Custom-made-in-USA-guitar-/261751221740?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cf196adec
atquinn Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 And chrome or nickel hardware replacements.And an ebony fretboard. And a bound headstock.And a lower price.-Austin
Never2Late Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Anyone want to send $3,500 (or even $350) to Russia? I'd sooner sent that kind of cash to Nigeria.
rj2858 Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 This is the one that was for sale two, tree (hey, I'm from Chicago!), years ago, and was the subject of some discussion between myself, sledhead44 and singlehum, as well as a few others.Still a beauty, and since I sold my Indigo Standard a few months back, (due to near constant follow-ups by someone I promised first shot at it), I kinda feel the need to save it from it's black pickup ringed, gold hardwared appearance.To quote Chuck Berry, (and later, Marc Bolin), "and meanwhile, I'm stiiiiill thinkin'..."
gorch Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Really great! I love the maple fretboard. Headstock binding would have been too much though. The Russians dig foreign currencies right now. I'd buy it in ruble.
diablo175 Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Make it 25.5 " scale, black or chrome hardware, add 2 frets, change the inlays to black and... oh, for fuck sake. What's the point. Just gonna order me a Shishkov.
Never2Late Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 This is the one that was for sale two, tree (hey, I'm from Chicago!), years ago, and was the subject of some discussion between myself, sledhead44 and singlehum, as well as a few others.Still a beauty, and since I sold my Indigo Standard a few months back, (due to near constant follow-ups by someone I promised first shot at it), I kinda feel the need to save it from it's black pickup ringed, gold hardwared appearance.To quote Chuck Berry, (and later, Marc Bolin), "and meanwhile, I'm stiiiiill thinkin'..."Is the seller reputable, then? Anyone bought from this guy before?
hamerhead Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Right in his ad it says he's honest. It's the internet - it's gotta be true.
rj2858 Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 This is the one that was for sale two, tree (hey, I'm from Chicago!), years ago, and was the subject of some discussion between myself, sledhead44 and singlehum, as well as a few others.Still a beauty, and since I sold my Indigo Standard a few months back, (due to near constant follow-ups by someone I promised first shot at it), I kinda feel the need to save it from it's black pickup ringed, gold hardwared appearance.To quote Chuck Berry, (and later, Marc Bolin), "and meanwhile, I'm stiiiiill thinkin'..."Is the seller reputable, then? Anyone bought from this guy before?I don't know anything about the seller, and I'm sure that this is not the same guy who was selling it back in 2011 (?)My biggest worry wouldn't be with PayPal, it would be the survival of the trip over here.
Brentrocks Posted January 28, 2015 Posted January 28, 2015 Right in his ad it says he's honest. It's the internet - it's gotta be true.
Devnor Posted January 29, 2015 Posted January 29, 2015 I've lusted over this guitar for years but I learned the hard way Floyd bridges don't mix with the Standard.
gorch Posted January 29, 2015 Posted January 29, 2015 ....and paint it leopard print....or checkerboard style.
diablo175 Posted January 29, 2015 Posted January 29, 2015 ....and paint it leopard print....or checkerboard style.You say that like it would be bad thing...
Disturber Posted January 29, 2015 Posted January 29, 2015 .That guitar requires pink spandex tights with a cucumber stuck in the front to look right. I wonder if the seller includes a pair?
sledhead44 Posted January 30, 2015 Posted January 30, 2015 I've lusted over this guitar for years but I learned the hard way Floyd bridges don't mix with the Standard.Why is that? Personal preference or something else? Just curious because that is probably what I would custom order. By the way I just noticed this Standard's serial is only about 30 before mine.
sledhead44 Posted January 30, 2015 Posted January 30, 2015 Paging BTMN.....Did you see what else he is selling? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dean-Z-Exotic-2003-made-in-USA-Michael-Angelo-guitar-/261751204792?pt=Guitar&hash=item3cf1966bb8
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.