Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Shark

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DaveL said:

nice...  is that vintage natural or is there a little color added, looks almost like Aztec gold?    

very cool regardless of what that is. 

It is vintage natural.  I think the lighting adds a bit of tint, but I'm not sure.  He may have added a bit of amber to make the top pop.  I'm guessing new pics will be forthcoming very soon.

Correct - the Amber tint makes the clear/Natural pop and gives it more dimension.

• 1 month later...

It's on the way.  Trish told me that Mike said that the guitar sounded "like a chorus in the shop".  He used the Creamtone hardware and was very pleased with it.  The Kluson tuners will be cool too. 

Shishkov%20Finished_zpszvg2qcwj.jpg

That board!!!

14 hours ago, The Shark said:

It's on the way.  Trish told me that Mike said that the guitar sounded "like a chorus in the shop".  He used the Creamtone hardware and was very pleased with it.  The Kluson tuners will be cool too. 

Shishkov%20Finished_zpszvg2qcwj.jpg

That board!!!

When I had tried the prototypes, Mike had used creamtone ABR style hardware and it was awesome... wouldn't be suprised

if he is switching over... 

Ditto - I thought the Creamtone stuff on the protos rawked!

On 5/31/2016 at 11:29 PM, The Shark said:

I'm hoping to receive a finished picture.  If I don't, you'll see her late Friday evening. 

FWIW, all I got was teasers in the run up to delivery.  Whether or not Mike has promo shots he kept for his own use, I'm not sure, but he definitely didn't spoil the surprise by sending them along. :D

Congrats on the coming guitar.  It looks awesome so far!

Exactly - Mike doesn't want to send out "full" shots, just teasers.  

That way, you get the full effect the first time you open the case.

Pretty cool, I think!!

(It worked on me, for sure!)

9 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Ditto - I thought the Creamtone stuff on the protos rawked!

Mike told me the Creamtone ABR-1 w/ Nashville inserts was the way to go.  I bought their gold top-hat knobs and they are really good for repro.  I'm going to need a wrap-around for my next Shishkov (DC/Cobra).  Doing my research now.  Here's a candidate.

http://schroederguitars.com/buy/guitar-parts/schroeder-original-stoptail

I'm not a fan of the Schroeder stuff, personally.  I do have a friend who uses them on his builds though and loves 'em.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

I'm not a fan of the Schroeder stuff, personally.  I do have a friend who uses them on his builds though and loves 'em.

They seem like good quality stuff, but they're too idiosyncratic for me looks-wise (says the guy with a Babicz bridge on his Studio Custom :lol: )

-

Austin

The Tone-Pros wraptail on my special K is similar to the Pigtail above.  It's really comfy under my right hand, but it's a PITA to restring- something about the way the string holes line up leaves a lot of room for improvement.  Does the Pigtail version account for that?

imagejpg3.jpg

13 hours ago, The Shark said:

Mike told me the Creamtone ABR-1 w/ Nashville inserts was the way to go.  I bought their gold top-hat knobs and they are really good for repro.  I'm going to need a wrap-around for my next Shishkov (DC/Cobra).  Doing my research now.  Here's a candidate.

http://schroederguitars.com/buy/guitar-parts/schroeder-original-stoptail

Wow.  I think that would look great on a Cobra.

Archived