DBraz Posted May 20, 2018 Posted May 20, 2018 My second Super-C is underway so I’ll start to post a few pictures during the build. A few differences this time. My original plan was to make this the yin of the original’s yang. It isn’t quite that but has a few notable deliberate spec changes. This one will have a Korina body, a quilt top and a 24.75” scale length. I play more than a few scale length guitars and never struggle changing between them, but they do feel and sound different. I have never owned a Korina body guitar, but like what I read and the experience I had from a brief play previously. I’ve kept the wenge neck from the original too as it is quite a warm wood, is über stiff and feels amazing. This one’ll have a reverse headstock too. The fretboard will be flamed Ebony - the weirder the better. Originally I was going for a hard tail but now I’m not. One of the great things about waiting for the build to get underway is that it gives you time to think about a few of the details. I have been recording a fair bit recently and gravitate towards a trem. Not having one and leaving this guitar out of rotation for the majority of stuff doesn’t seem right. I settled on a colour scheme from day 1 so hopefully it can be achieved. I’ll be watching my Sunday morning emails like a hawk from now on! Here’s a few pictures.
kizanski Posted May 20, 2018 Posted May 20, 2018 1 hour ago, 0054 said: That fretboard looks awesome, can I have it? Indeed. That's crazy!
Funky Chicken Posted May 20, 2018 Posted May 20, 2018 1 hour ago, The Shark said: Oh, my. This is going to be one to watch... Not to take away from this one, but I love watching them all.
DBraz Posted May 20, 2018 Author Posted May 20, 2018 48 minutes ago, Funky Chicken said: Not to take away from this one, but I love watching them all. Every one’s a winner.
DBraz Posted May 20, 2018 Author Posted May 20, 2018 Incidentally #87 is a great number for me even though I didn’t chose it. It’s the year I finally bought my first electric guitar. Many months toiling with paper rounds to buy the cheapest Squier Strat I could find.
DBraz Posted May 24, 2018 Author Posted May 24, 2018 Top glued up to perfection. I absolutely love these update pictures.
DBraz Posted June 12, 2018 Author Posted June 12, 2018 I wanted the quilt top to be tighter and squishy in the middle and open out towards the body edge. It’s perfect. I also had a great conversation with Mike on where we’re heading with inlays. We’re on the same page. Until then here’s an update.
fasteddie Posted June 13, 2018 Posted June 13, 2018 20 hours ago, DBraz said: I wanted the quilt top to be tighter and squishy in the middle and open out towards the body edge. It’s perfect. I also had a great conversation with Mike on where we’re heading with inlays. We’re on the same page. Until then here’s an update. How about "Fast Eddie" written on the neck? You'll always have at least one buyer in the re-sale market.
Biz Prof Posted June 13, 2018 Posted June 13, 2018 2 hours ago, fasteddie said: How about "Fast Eddie" written on the neck? You'll always have at least one buyer in the re-sale market. Or perhaps have "Chris Johnson" personalized lettering applied to headstock.
fasteddie Posted June 16, 2018 Posted June 16, 2018 I'm thinking about asking Mike to make me two guitars. First is a "Supercali", the second is a "fragalisticexpialidocious".
HAMERMAN Posted June 20, 2018 Posted June 20, 2018 Didn't ever know there was such a things as flamed Ebony - looking forward to seeingthe progress on this one!
DBraz Posted August 7, 2018 Author Posted August 7, 2018 Every update is a winner. The inlays are black pearl with an abalone pic. They look brighter under the light but will be more subtle in person.
Funky Chicken Posted August 8, 2018 Posted August 8, 2018 4 hours ago, DBraz said: Every update is a winner. The inlays are black pearl with an abalone pic. They look brighter under the light but will be more subtle in person. That is the Inlay shape I want for my next one.
hamerhead Posted August 8, 2018 Posted August 8, 2018 They're officially known as the 'Arnie Inlay' now.
cmatthes Posted August 8, 2018 Posted August 8, 2018 4 hours ago, hamerhead said: They're officially known as the 'Arnie Inlay' now. I think you meant “Arnlay”...
DBraz Posted August 29, 2018 Author Posted August 29, 2018 Fretting update. Such a cool part of the build!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.