Hamer Fan Club Message Center

This guy lives within just a few miles of me at most. He is posting in CL.

I have been looking for a Cali Elite for a quite a while. I emailed him through CL to see if he is interested in a sale or trade.

Then I saw what he did to it. My first question if he gets back to me will be, do you have the original equipment.

Might as well talk to him if he gets back.

It’s Black and White Granite, NOT FUCKING MARBLE!

Oh my! Why???

12 hours later and not surprisingly, no response. I don't understand people who post on Craigslist, that only leave an email address. (if they don't post their phone number they are not a serious seller in most cases) Then you email them and they do not respond.

I mean, do you want to sell the guitar or not.

1 hour ago, rickrock999 said:

12 hours later and not surprisingly, no response. I don't understand people who post on Craigslist, that only leave an email address. (if they don't post their phone number they are not a serious seller in most cases) Then you email them and they do not respond.

You couldn't pay me to post my phone number on Craigslist.  Boy, you must be crazy.

Probably sold 10 -15 guitars that way, all at a profit, (not that that is what I am necessarily trying to do) never had an issue. This guy did call back, it is an actual shop. Said that is how he got it. Might be interested in a trade. So I'll go down there and see.

So I talked to this shop. The trade offers they made me were a joke. He is willing to come down on the price but we are talking tax, and putting that thing back together. I guess my dream of as Cali Elite will have to remain a dream for now. Even though this thing is 2 miles away.

20 minutes ago, rickrock999 said:

So I talked to this shop. The trade offers they made me were a joke. He is willing to come down on the price but we are talking tax, and putting that thing back together. I guess my dream of as Cali Elite will have to remain a dream for now. Even though this thing is 2 miles away.

https://reverb.com/item/63595658-hamer-californian-custom-usa

That neck..❤

22 minutes ago, rickrock999 said:

So, no to the still having original equipment?

7 hours ago, rickrock999 said:

I don't understand people who post on Craigslist, that only leave an email address.

I got news for you... Even if they DO post a ph#, I'd venture to say (based on my own experience) that 2 out of 5 are not serious sellers. It blows my mind.

2 hours ago, scottcald said:

So, no to the still having original equipment?

Correct. They called again and made a cash offer. I am going to go see it tomorrow. If I buy that will be the last one for a long time. 🙄

38 minutes ago, rickrock999 said:

Correct. They called again and made a cash offer. I am going to go see it tomorrow. If I buy that will be the last one for a long time. 🙄

If it's more than half his Reverb price it's too much.  

7 minutes ago, cynic said:

If it's more than half his Reverb price it's too much.  

That would be around $1400. Well you will probably not be surprised to learn that the offer is significantly higher than that.  It's $2300, If I liked it I was thinking of offering a little less. No way they will go near that price. They will let that thing sit on the wall for a year first. He also said to bring in my Taylor 814ce for possible trade. I see on Reverb I can get a new Schaller locking tremolo and nut for $250. I guess that is what I need. I have not attempted doing anything like that before. If anyone one else has any thoughts please toss them out there.

11 minutes ago, rickrock999 said:

That would be around $1400. Well you will probably not be surprised to learn that the offer is significantly higher than that.  It's $2300, If I liked it I was thinking of offering a little less. No way they will go near that price. They will let that thing sit on the wall for a year first. He also said to bring in my Taylor 814ce for possible trade. I see on Reverb I can get a new Schaller locking tremolo and nut for $250. I guess that is what I need. I have not attempted doing anything like that before. If anyone one else has any thoughts please toss them out there.

Leave the Taylor at home and take $1200.00 with you...no more,no less. It will take plugging the holes from the Wilkinson and re-drilled for the Schaller. Now the nut?..Not sure what they did there but probably has been trimmed etc to install a nut like they have. I'm more concerned with the nut area than I am the trem area ;)

38 minutes ago, kurtsstuff said:

Leave the Taylor at home and take $1200.00 with you...no more,no less. It will take plugging the holes from the Wilkinson and re-drilled for the Schaller. Now the nut?..Not sure what they did there but probably has been trimmed etc to install a nut like they have. I'm more concerned with the nut area than I am the trem area ;)

Thanks for the input. Hadn't considered that. Seriously might as well not bother going. He won't take the $1200. He'll try to find somone to just buy it to use as is. He might succeed. I'll still go I guess. Just to get to play it, haven't played a USA Cali yet. Would like to compare it to my Slammer series Korean Cali.

Don't be ripped off buddy! There's a lot of expenditure in that guitar to get it right! I'd love to have it in my workshop though...

Yeah, phone numbers on CList really bring out the crazies and scammers…I get plenty of those already just using email. I listed my # once. Never again. 
OP, I hope you get and restore this one.

I’d say $1700 cash is fare ( IMHO). Schaller install is not such a big deal. You could do it yourself. Toplock area… if they glued that piece on top it might take some precise cutting ( or chiseling), again, not too big of a deal, it might pop right off. Or If you take the nut out , you could probably separate that piece from inside the nut space.

Spring cover caused more damage to the cosmetics, that’s for sure. So if we talking cash, I’d do 1700. You can return it to the original state with little effort. No one will even notice. I’d be surprised if seller paid more that 1200 for it, may be even less. 

Archived