Hamer Fan Club Message Center

R.I.P. Dad

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine... and it's scary. My Dad is still alive and just the idea of loosing him brings tears to my eyes. But it also brings a lot of good memories, and those you bet will never go. I wish you then a lot of strength to move through your sadness, as well as the best memories in the world. And remember this: it is always great having made it this far. It is a privilege being here. Life is also death, but your father's continuity is in you and in your siblings (if you have them) and in whatever else he left in this planet. If there was at least one single happy moment in his life, then it was worth it. My deepest condolences!

Guest JackButler

Marty,

My deepest condolences for your lost. Many prayers out to you and your family from me and mine.

You need something or just want to vent or whatever..drop me a line..

Kev

So sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad ten years ago and there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him.

Everything that you think about your Dad that brings a tear to your eye today will bring a smile to your face in years to come.

Embrace the good times and thoughts you hold about him.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

Marty - we'll definitely be thinking about you and your family. Many people above have already said things that I was thinking. I still think about my Dad often and am glad for the time we did have; good, bad and just plain father-son time. You'll keep that part.

Hang in there for the tough times.

sorry for your loss...I lost my father a few years back and the empty space that was left seemed like the grand canyon, but over time I came to realize that although he isn't here now,I'll always have the memories and so he'll always be here.... It will take some time but you'll realize how lucky you were to have the time together you did and you'll treasure the memories.

I know how you feel, Marty. It passes, but only partially.

6 years ago, my father died in his sleep after 12 remissions in 20 years. We prepared ourselves for his death 12 times, and he made it. When he actually did pass, all that preparation was in vain. The loss is so damn FINAL. It took a year or so before I could smile when thinking of him. Now, years later, I am not ashamed to cry when I miss him. He was THE MAN. I aspire to be half what he was.

Love your dad, those that have them. Even if it isn't "manly" to hug the guy, DO IT.

Once he's gone, you'll understand.

If you need to talk, Marty. call me.

Archived