Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Lesser know band that you love

I keep seconding other's choices, but Unfun75 also nailed it: Nada Surf. Great stuff. Catchy, intelligent, well crafted. Damn near perfect.

Funny thing about Nada Surfs albums, for me. When I bought the two, three recent ones I played them once or twice and thought; well, this album wasn't as good as the last one. Then I listen to the album four, five times and the BAM it's greatness just evolves. Songstructures, lyrics, hooks etc. Everything so beautifully crafted.

One of my favourite bands for sure.

Keep a look out for the MINOR ALPS album in November. Juliana Hatfield and Matthew Caws from Nada Surf have this project together.

First single sounds interesting. Very lo fi.

The Muffs, and by extension, Kim Shattuck's previous band, The Pandoras.

She shares Cynic's choice in guitars, except hers has the script Gretsch logo across the headstock, rather than the "long T" version that runs lengthwise.

Kim Shattuck's now on bass duty with The Pixies, on tour in Europe (replacing Kim Deal):

About the only thing I can add was this band out of Bowling Green (KY) that used to hit the Murray State campus fairly regularly: Government Cheese (which in '80's was a pretty witty name). Just a great rocking band!

It appears from a quick Google search they are still out and performing now and then!

I will do then a promotion for the belgian Group "Little Kim and the Alleys"

They should not be less known and are definitely worth some minutes and even more of your time for their dedicated job on the music back from the 40s/50s.

Pleasant musicians as people, nice voice, charm...Everything you may dream about ...and they are from Belgium.

Take some minutes for looking on youtube.

The Waterboys

The Angels (Angel City in the US)

20/20

Damn! no You Tube content

Poe, That is a great example of some stuff I bought because of the last thread! Bought all the Donnie Iris records I could on vinyl for like 10 total and loved almost all of it.

What was the Micheal Stanley Band stuff to get?

I'm liking my ability to access these other bands mentioned being that came up with the web mean Instant access to see what you think. I love the internet, maybe too much.

Speaking of Shoes I cant find anything on them that tells me much and never see a record in the used shops

http://www.michaelstanley.com/THE_70S.html

I have the ones from 72-73,they are both good if you like stuff kinda like that period like maybe some mellow Joe Walsh (some of he and his band), Ian Mathews, a little Van Morrison, Loggins and Messina, Kenny Rankin, Brewer and Shipley. 70s singer songwriter stuff with a rocky and touch of slicker stuff with a beat.The Caribou Studios sound. Certainly not gaggers.

I will do then a promotion for the belgian Group "Little Kim and the Alleys"

They should not be less known and are definitely worth some minutes and even more of your time for their dedicated job on the music back from the 40s/50s.

Pleasant musicians as people, nice voice, charm...Everything you may dream about ...and they are from Belgium.

Take some minutes for looking on youtube.

Tom (the guitar player) is one of my best friends.

^^^Nice boobs, cute face...reminds me of Linda Ronstats daughter. Nice guitar playing - I like it.

Archived