Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who will never be without a Hamer, or only will play one?

And in reponse to the "Hamerless" thread, who will never give up their Hamer(s), no matter what?

In my case, I've been through most of the more popular brands/models out there and Hamer just seems to be the best fit for me. The quality, consistient feel, the 14" fb radius, diversity of models... everytime I get something else I end up moving it for a Hamer.

Anyone else?

If the house burns down, the first replacement guitar will be a Hamer.

If I have to sell of my guitars one day, the last one will be a Hamer.

There other brands that interest me, so I will not limit myself. Very few basses are as nice as a Music Man Stingray.

If the house burns down, the first replacement guitar will be a Hamer.

If I have to sell of my guitars one day, the last one will be a Hamer.

There other brands that interest me, so I will not limit myself. Very few basses are as nice as a Music Man Stingray.

Well Said. +1

My Custom P90 Duotone is the best sounding most versatile guitar that I have ever owned and if God forbid anything were to ever happen to it, I would order another with the same exact specs. I will never not own this instrument (or it's twin).

My other Hamers are fantastic instruments and fun to play, but this one is attached to my soul.

I can't see myself without my Hamer's. Maybe, just maybe, swap one for another, but I believe I need at least three of them! :-)

Guest pirateflynn

Never say never, but I hope to always be the sole owner of my Studio:

Studio.jpg

If you Kahlered it, you could get rid of that phoney PRS.

Guest bondedbybrick

I don't ever see myself selling my only Hamer, the black 1978 Sunburst. Of course, if the value gets downright silly high like old Les Pauls, and my IBM retirement benefit no longer pays for my annual medical premiums, then out she goes!

Derek

No sense selling one of the best made, best sounding instruments out there just to have something that has possible better name brand recognition/snob appeal. Just my thoughts.

I've used absoluteley nothing but Hamer since '84 until a year or two back when i started playing out with my own guitars that i've made. Oh, i do have one guitar that's not a Hamer which is a LP Special type of thing by 80's british comapny Fingerbone that i brought off the bay a few years back just for nostalgia as i used to know the guy quite well...but i've never played out with it - in fact i think i only used it once for rehearsal then chucked it back in it's case before my acid hands killed the gold hardware.

Jem

I don't ever plan to part with my Cruise bass. Ever! I may part with my XT standard but only if it's to replace it with a USA.

I guess I'll always have one, but I have other guitars that would outlast the Hamers in an "I-can-only-keep-one" Sale.

If that ever happens, I'll have bigger problems to deal with than "What guitar should I keep?"

Bought me a '79 Standard in December 1982, dont ever envision parting with it until a yet undetermined relative takes possession. :lol::D:P

Life IS Good! B)

I'll have my lowly P90 special until death, for sure, but that's not to say I don't play and lust after other guitars.

My (duotone) is the best sounding most versatile guitar that I have ever owned and if God forbid anything were to ever happen to it, I would (find) another with the same exact specs. I will never not own this instrument (or it's twin).

yep. 3 hole phatcat'd Duotone. other models and brands have and will come and go.

Bought me a '79 Standard in December 1982, dont ever envision parting with it until a yet undetermined relative takes possession. :lol::P:P

Life IS Good! :D

Does it have to be a relative? How about someone who can spell "Hlubek"? Remember that you cannot pick your relatives, but you can pick your friends who pick guitars.

You could adopt me. B)

I have four Hamers that I consider heirloom guitars all of them custom orders but the one hamer that I treasure most is the 25th anniversary artist that My wife told me to get at the first Hamer Open House.

Speaking of heirlooms, is Junior playing the guitar he won yet?

Archived