atquinn Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 Oh boy...http://cgi.ebay.com/HAMER-MONACO-ELITE-Ele...=item5198143f60-Austin
crunchee Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 +1! How wrong is that auction description? Let me count the ways... That guy should stick to selling DVDs and CDs. Edited to add: Hmmm...to me, something just doesn't seem right... I can't imagine someone being THAT clueless about a guitar, not nowadays with the internet and the ton of info you can get on that model in an instant. Talk about not doing your due diligence...
JohnnyB Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 Edited to add: Hmmm...to me, something just doesn't seem right... I can't imagine someone being THAT clueless about a guitar, not nowadays with the internet and the ton of info you can get on that model in an instant. Talk about not doing your due diligence... You're giving him too much credit. IMO he's intentionally fishing for people with more money than brains.
crunchee Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 Edited to add: Hmmm...to me, something just doesn't seem right... I can't imagine someone being THAT clueless about a guitar, not nowadays with the internet and the ton of info you can get on that model in an instant. Talk about not doing your due diligence... You're giving him too much credit. IMO he's intentionally fishing for people with more money than brains. Maybe I'm not giving everybody else enough credit. I dunno, if that's fishing, it seems like he's going after Marlin in a farm pond. It ain't gonna get results, just a lot of laughs.
atquinn Posted March 1, 2011 Author Posted March 1, 2011 People with more money than brains buy ridiculously overpriced Gibsons, not ridiculously overpriced Hamers. Gonna have to go with Crunchee on this one -Austin
BlueRedWhite Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 ohh...but you can ask him questions....let's have fun....
murkat Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 I actually questioned him in regards of, not realizing what he had done. He thanked me.
triodecr Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 I explained the 4 in the serial number on the guitar and cert does not mean that it is a limited edition but it means it was made in 2004 in New Hartford. He replied: "it was made in orig small plant in chicago" I told him there is no connection between any of the Hamer owners and PRS. He replied: "one of the owners son I think now is the Paul of Paul reed smith Prs which the Paul is yes les Paul who left Gibson then to hamer then Prs" !!! So Les Paul has worked at Gibson, Hamer and PRS!? Wow!
specialk Posted March 1, 2011 Posted March 1, 2011 !!! So Les Paul has worked at Gibson, Hamer and PRS!? Wow! Oh ya, Les and Joel Danzig were partners, IIRC.
Hgb5000 Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Once I started reading the actual description I was laughing out loud. Can someone post some clips of Jimmy Page rocking a Hamer. (Sorry - I mean Jimmy page)
tbonesullivan Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 I am feeling masochistic today, so sent a question through ebay, basically pointing out all his BS, and stating that if he doesn't get rid of the fraudulent listing, I will.Let's see how this plays out.
cynic Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Let's see how this plays out. I can help you with that First, you will be ignored by the seller. Then, you will be ignored by ebay.
diablo175 Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Let's see how this plays out. I can help you with that First, you will be ignored by the seller. Then, you will be ignored by ebay. It'd be far easier to let the schmuck sell it and have the buyer file a claim for a bogus listing/item is not what was advertised. Unfortunately, if a buyer is dumb enough to part with that kinda cash for the item in the first place, it's not likely they'd be aware of his BS.
cmatthes Posted March 2, 2011 Posted March 2, 2011 Unbelievable!We have actually located the biggest idiot EVER on eBay!!Didn't think that was possible...
Toadroller Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 "Guitar was hand made in original plant in chicago by owner and head lathier that now own Prs orig hamers were hand made for Santana and Jimmy page and others of you look at old videos this guitar was USA hand made the new ones are not this is 4 of only 20 of the last ones before hamer sold out to fender I think theses guitars are setup to play by pros right out of the case this is not like the ones being sold now for 3500 to 4000 this was a special order only last 20 made this was orig ordered for guitar player for blue oyster cult this guitar has not been played and is a collectors dream one of a kind"While he has apparent (albeit occasional) shift-key skills, I'd sure like to sell him some punctuation marks.
Carl.B Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 What are people smoking these day's. $5000 LP Case This guy has a story to tell but it looks like that's about it. I am sure he has some swamp land he will sell you too!
george4th Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 --> QUOTE(Carl.B @ Mar 2 2011, 07:06 PM) ← What are people smoking these day's. $5000 LP Case This guy has a story to tell but it looks like that's about it. I am sure he has some swamp land he will sell you too! I must assume its in yen (and he picked the wrong currency) since he is in japan I dont know what the conversion rate is, but then again he may be legally insane also.
livewire Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 legally insane sold a 1960 335 case with yeller interior and bumpy tolex on ebay for 600 something.. so yeah, maybe it's yen thing
LefThanDed Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 SORRY NO LONGER AVAILABLEhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...E:X:RTQ:US:1123Messaging:Dear thisandthat101,Please don't change a thing on your item description - great material!!- adgcDear adgc,HELLO, OK, SINCE I GOT A MILLION EMAILS I CANCELED THE AUCTION....I WAS SELLING IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE...DIDNT KNOW THE GUY...SO WE THOUGHT IT BEST TO CANCEL AUCTION. THANKS..JIM- thisandthat101
cmatthes Posted March 3, 2011 Posted March 3, 2011 I wanna party with that guy.Charlie Sheen's bones would melt like wax if he tried to party with that guy!
sw686blue Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 I had sent this a few days ago:I'm not sure if you are aware, but this is a run-of-the-mill Hamer Monaco Elite. Although it is beautiful and very well built, they sell for about $2300 new from a dealer. Why is yours priced at $4500??? Is that a typo?Here is his reply (same as LefThanDed):HELLO, OK, SINCE I GOT A MILLION EMAILS I CANCELED THE AUCTION....I WAS SELLING IT FOR SOMEONE ELSE...DIDNT KNOW THE GUY...SO WE THOUGHT IT BEST TO CANCEL AUCTION.
crunchee Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 Unbelievable! We have actually located the biggest idiot EVER on eBay!! Didn't think that was possible... He has 7127 feedbacks under his belt, and that guy STILL can't cancel an auction properly!
coolfeel Posted March 4, 2011 Posted March 4, 2011 "Guitar was hand made in original plant in chicago by owner and head lathier that now own Prs orig hamers were hand made for Santana and Jimmy page and others of you look at old videos this guitar was USA hand made the new ones are not this is 4 of only 20 of the last ones before hamer sold out to fender I think theses guitars are setup to play by pros right out of the case this is not like the ones being sold now for 3500 to 4000 this was a special order only last 20 made this was orig ordered for guitar player for blue oyster cult this guitar has not been played and is a collectors dream one of a kind" While he has apparent (albeit occasional) shift-key skills, I'd sure like to sell him some punctuation marks. Yah, I think that might qualify for the world's longest run-on sentence.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.