Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD 78 Sunburst content

I sold my last "vintage" Sunburst several years ago. Feeling nostagic for the days when I regularly abused a bound and crowned '78, purchased new off the combo department floor at Ward Brodt Music, I've been keeping an eye out for another.

Here's the old one, photo circa 1979:

1085024311713_Me_w_Sunburst_79.JPG

and here are a few shots of the '78 I picked up this week:

78Sunburst002.JPG78Sunburst003.JPG78Sunburst007.JPG78Sunburst009.JPG78Sunburst034.JPG

78Sunburst029.JPG

No current photos of me are available for comparison!

The guitar is going to need some work to get it to play perfectly with low action on the dusty end, but it sounds totally freaking aahsum. It's got that woody, reedy crunchy tone in spades. Just like I remember.

Yes, I'm gloating!

Post 8 450, I presume. A beauty!

8 0492

You are frightening at times, Steve.

Excellent. Nothing finer than a '78 Sunburst, except maybe a '78 Standard.

Hamerica

Dave, is this the one from RnR Vintage ?

If so well done, it sure looks a beauty.

I emailed them to say I'd have it then saw the the sold post had gone up on here.

Damn !!

Great that someone from this forum who's been thinking about getting one back after letting one go all that time ago.

Look after it and don't ever sell it (except to me !!!)

P.S. Your inbox is full.

Thumbs WAY up!

Very nice, indeed.

Is the neck on the thinn-ish side? The '78 resto project I picked up a couple years back is, and I was a litle surprised by that, considering my '79 and '80 aren't.

Very nice !!

Very nice, indeed.

Is the neck on the thinn-ish side? The '78 resto project I picked up a couple years back is, and I was a litle surprised by that, considering my '79 and '80 aren't.

Interestingly, I have a 79 with a pencil neck.

It is the guitar from RnR Vintage. The store is about 20 minutes from where I work so I was able to slip out and pick it up Monday. Very cool store, nice folks, good selection of really interesting used guitars and amps.

I'd say that the neck is a hair thinner than medium, but not as thin as some from this era.

Thanks for the kind words.

Archived