Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I don't know anything about this brand so I can't comment on the way they sound, play or feel - but that was one ugly s.o.b. of a relic job. (Just my personal preference, I don't mean to offend anyone).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was too late, when I checked BIN was gone and it was bid up to $900. I would have pulled the trigger on BIN I think, I really shouldn't be buying another guitar just now but it could be flipped for $1500 easy to someone who likes the 'upgrades' (noiseless pickups etc.)

Wow....that is indeed an ugly relic job......I hate relicing guitars.......I don't know why....it just seems fake to me....that being said, I've heard that every Nash, be it a tele or strat sounds and plays wonderful.....the owner changed pups, tuners .....I have a 2005 AmSe Fender that just does it for me..strat-wise...I just built a one-pup super strat with a BL l90 that I love as well. Curious to see what this fugly guitar sells for.....one man's POS is another mans dream guitar....and both opinions are valid cause perceived worth is subjective indeed.

Not unlike when AnDy bid on a Watson about ten years ago when the Buy it Now price was something in the area of about 50% of what they were going for at the time (I don't remember the actual price). He didn't have the money, but he'd be damned if anyone he knew got a bargain, and he was deliberately trying to screw Fung out of a bargain (he being the odds on favorite to get every rare Hamer that was for sale anywhere).

The epitome of a small person.

That BIN was in the $700 range. I was too new to Hamer oddities to know I should have bit. D'OH!

If there is such a thing..I would call that a defective finish on a relic. I think that the Fender Road Worns are more convincing. Might be a great guitar, but I don't know about those "wear" patterns.

I bought a nash tele for $1000 knowing I could sell it for $1500 no problem. I played it for quite a while but found I wasn't gigging it much but it was an amazing guitar. I sold it on ebay for $1500 no problem but will say $1000 is cheap for a nash.

I really wish that I could like them. I've never played a Nash (3-4 of them) that was anywhere near as good as the couple of Road Worn Fenders I've played. Maybe I've just had a run of unusual sampling. But, they've been really lifeless and dull. I don't mind the artificial wear at all, but I just can't find the value in them (myself - not indicating their worth on the market).

I played a Nash, initially not knowing what it was. It played very nice. Can't remember what the price was on it. I want to say $999, but according to folks here that would be cheap?

I've never seen a vintage guitar with honest wear resemble that belt sander job.

This 1963 Fender Strat was played (and sweated) into this condition by a friend of mine, (pro musician). He's had it for a loooong time. New pup installed by Fender a few years ago. Best Strat I've ever heard (much due to the guy playing it is one of the best strat player I've heard).

NO relic job done on this baby other than hard gigging and studio work, this is the real deal:

I really wish that I could like them. I've never played a Nash (3-4 of them) that was anywhere near as good as the couple of Road Worn Fenders I've played. Maybe I've just had a run of unusual sampling. But, they've been really lifeless and dull.

Funny - I've found the reverse to be true.

I've never seen a vintage guitar with honest wear resemble that belt sander job.
This 1963 Fender Strat was played (and sweated) into this condition by a friend of mine, (pro musician). He's had it for a loooong time. New pup installed by Fender a few years ago. Best Strat I've ever heard (much due to the guy playing it is one of the best strat player I've heard).

NO relic job done on this baby other than hard gigging and studio work, this is the real deal:

Exactly.

Two words: Rory Gallagher.

My experience is that Nashes are kinda like Hamers in that they are great sounding and playing guitars, right from the factory. The relicing for sure is a matter of taste, but every one I have had my hands on was amazing. Here's mine.

Try playing a gig with one and then say they are shite. You can't (well you could, but you'd be lyin).

Slice.jpgBOJCam02.jpg

You need to watch your mouth...

...or what?

Absolutely nothing, and it was not lost on me that you were typing and could have been eating for all I knew.

I shouldn't have dogged that guitar... I'm not at all in the same league of guitar owning and or collecting as you are. I think that I was just taken aback by it's appearance.

You could have said that I don't know shit... I'd much rather have a meaningless opinion I guess.

I was under the impression that Nash guitars were in the $3500 range... my $500 quip was about the relicing, not the brand.

Well, somebody stole it.

If for no other reason than to make a jerk out of me.

Someone sell me ten of them for $910 each. I'll buy them all.

Seriously......I'd take just about any BadgerDave-built guitar over those every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!!!

Maybe I just don't get it.

Ever played one?

Archived