Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Forget the no buy list. Whats your on your hit list for 2014.

zzzdat

I don't have a burning desire for these and I'm not actively searching but if one presented itself at a fair price I'd go for it:

Les Paul XPL - this is the Les Paul doublecut model with Explorer headstock. They were only produced for a couple of years.

Les Paul cherryburst

Ernie's seafoam green Robin

Will buy in 2014:

Talk Box

The search never ends:

THE amp

I would need to dismantle a cool partscaster to make room.....

Early Phantom A5.....I turned down a GREAT deal on the off-white one that Brent bought and returned. I am still kicking myself for not buying that one. It was minty and perfect.

Standard or Gibson Explorer......I started out on a '76 reissue and have always wanted another. I should have bought serial's Greco body for a refin.

An old Sunburst.

I didn't buy a guitar in 2013. I am really happy with what I currently own and play nearly all of them....except for the partscaster.

I am set on amps. I have a great collection there.

Mark

I

I might sell more gear than buy in 2014. There are no plans for guitars though. My Brain sucks. No ideas for another Bo Diddley.

A PRS SE-EG

If you didn't say this "tongue-in-cheek", and depending on your choice of pickup configurations, may I suggest that you forget the 'SE', and take a look at a "real" one, like the '92 EG III I listed about a week back? (Weak back? How long you had it? "Oh, about a week back")

Nothing new on the slate for me, I'm in selling mode. More on, (moron?), that later :ph34r:, you may be surprised at what gets sold! (and what just got sold - thanks Hamer Dave!). A couple of drop dead investments are calling for me to get every spare dollar in.

My holy(ish) Grail is a White pearl Gibson 79 Flying V with Block inlays, I've tracked one down but the price makes my Hamers look like real bargains.........................

Still looking for a B&C early Standard then my Hamer lust might be satiated (for now).

I might have to let a couple go if the stars align correctly for the V.

I've been thinking I should be a little more discerning and actually try to be a collector, rather than a hoarder.

Having just now received a maple-board '96 Daytona to go with my rosewood '94, I think I'm done there.

What to go with the Specials, an '82, a '92 P90, and a '96 FM? I think I'd like an '80, and maybe a graphic?

I recently picked up a 1st-gen Cruisebass, so how about other basses? A Blitz, a Chaparral, a 2nd-gen bolt-on Cruise? Maybe a 5-string? And I'd really like to try an 8-string. Oooh, and an FB, if they really exist!

And I don't have anything with boomers yet....

Pretty much the only two three things I'm lusting after (well, in the guitar realm that is) are a USA-made Robin Artisan, a PRS DGT and an EBMM Armada...

When Armadas show up used, I'm tagging one. USA Robin Artisan will be tough. There aren't many...here's mine.

Artisan1.jpg

Pretty much the only two three things I'm lusting after (well, in the guitar realm that is) are a USA-made Robin Artisan, a PRS DGT and an EBMM Armada...

When Armadas show up used, I'm tagging one. USA Robin Artisan will be tough. There aren't many...here's mine.

Artisan1.jpg

You just had to show me that one again, didn't you...

I'm thinking you must be tired of it by now... ;)

• 1 month later...

Hope to have something incoming (soon) following the recent NAMM event. Something else from Europe----No NOT Germany.

With luck, two more Hamers and one of the Mesa Boogies will be out the door in the next week or so to help fund that.

Archived