Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hi, are pickups originals ? Could you please tell me the production year (for neck feeling vs vintage carve I do like)

Thanks Gilles

Ahh, not blue. I am saved! Good luck! Great price on a great guitar!

Personally I've always been scared of the acoustic style bridges on electrics.

Nice,,, looks similar to my old DuoTone Custom. The thing that surprised me about that guitar wasn't how great it sounded through an acoustic amp (I expected that) but instead what an awesome rocker it was, lots of growl.

4 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

The Washburn has been seized by US Fish & Wildlife, FedEx has no idea when it will be released. 

Trying to sneak some rosewood in?

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

It is a poplar body and all maple neck, no rosewood.  Maybe all international guitars get inspected?   

It's a governmental activity.  Let's not go overestimating the intelligence involved.

21 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

I found the Memphis Fish and Wildlife number online, talked to the director.  They do not have the guitar, nor is flagged for inspection.  He wrote FedEx and CC me on it, awaiting a reply.

The plot thickens!

Not sure if that's good news or not. I hope it's not just lost. Did the shipper insure it through FedEx?

Hi,

Lovely guitar in the OP.

A few questions for clarification- if the pickups are original, who took off the covers? 

As far as the other major modifications (moving the pots around and separating the jacks), who did the work?

Do you have gut shots?

Thanks!

:)

2 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Hi,

Lovely guitar in the OP.

A few questions for clarification- if the pickups are original, who took off the covers? 

As far as the other major modifications (moving the pots around and separating the jacks), who did the work?

Do you have gut shots?

Thanks!

I am the second owner so I cannot say if it was t he original owner who removed the covers or if they never existed.   

The work was performed by Bill Baker in NJ, well known for having worked for Ace Freeley for years and SRV when the light tower collapsed on his guitars a week prior to his death.  

I can take photos, I'll have figure out how to host them now that Photobucket is gone.  

7 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

FedEx should have details on who scanned in a package and where they did it every time the package moved.  I had one misdelivered package in over a decade of using FedEx weekly.

FedEx claims fish and wildlife has it, they say they do not.   

14 hours ago, geoff_hartwell said:

Hi,

Lovely guitar in the OP.

Do you have gut shots?

Thanks!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WJ8FP7VbcJZZJFg43

• 1 month later...

Archived