Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Oh Dear. Lita...Umm.

Certainly no doubt as to the median age of HFC members hereon. :lol:

To be clear, I have no issue with how she physically looks for her age, I hope I am lookin' as spry and vibrant when I'm her age. Oddly enough, it's the tats on wrinkly arms, on a 60 year old, hard ridden gal, clad in form fitting leather. The attire and accouterments look out of place. It may be a tad sexist but that ain't sexy to me. I'm reminded of a quote made hereon about playing in a rawk band being a young man's game. The same can be said about the ladies.

...said the middle-aged rocker a mere decade her junior not at all ironically, as he squeezes into his skintight leather pants and sleeveless Japanese Battle Flag smock and jauntily affixes his "No Bozos!" strap and 80's era graphic shred machine, preparing to take the stage to slay the audience of at least eight at Madison Square VFW Hall with 30 year old songs about teen girls, demons, magic and fast cars!

:D

(I KEED! I KEED!!)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certainly no doubt as to the median age of HFC members hereon. :lol:

To be clear, I have no issue with how she physically looks for her age, I hope I am lookin' as spry and vibrant when I'm her age. Oddly enough, it's the tats on wrinkly arms, on a 60 year old, hard ridden gal, clad in form fitting leather. The attire and accouterments look out of place. It may be a tad sexist but that ain't sexy to me. I'm reminded of a quote made hereon about playing in a rawk band being a young man's game. The same can be said about the ladies.

...said the middle-aged rocker a mere decade her junior not at all ironically, as he squeezes into his skintight leather pants and sleeveless Japanese Battle Flag smock and jauntily affixes his "No Bozos!" strap and 80's era graphic shred machine, preparing to take the stage to slay the audience of at least eight at Madison Square VFW Hall with 30 year old songs about teen girls, demons, magic and fast cars!

(I KEED! I KEED!!)

All's fair. I took a shot at a rock star for lookin' a bit past her prime to be wearing what she does. I figured on becoming fair game in the process. In my defense, I will never be posted all over the internet and other media and I've NEVER worn tight leather pants except as Halloween costume ...once :ph34r::lol:

Keep playing until you can't. Why stop playing because other people are judgemental douches?

If you still enjoy it and are able to do it, do it!

I'd agree. I give her props for still rawkin'. Though it's a metric fuck ton easier and more feasible when you got a small army to lug and set shit up for you, leaving you with plenty of energy to get out there and do your thing.

I have a feeling Lita's small army is a lot smaller than you think. If her road crew is more than two people that aren't also her bassist and drummer I'd be really surprised.

Oh and regarding her garb, perhaps there is an age limit on some things...says the 35 year old who still dresses like a 90's teenager, minus the baggy pants. They're tight now.

Oh and regarding her garb, perhaps there is an age limit on some things...says the 35 year old who still dresses like a 90's teenager, minus the baggy pants. They're tight now.

But all bets are off if you're an aging rock star. ;):lol:

I must confess I'm incredulous.

Can't help but wonder if it's Lita's celebrity status that drives such enduring attraction? If she had never been a musician with the limelight exposure she got (has), would people still be enamored with her now? I'm trying to picture how you guys would react if you were standing in a local venue, awaiting the night's musical entertainment to begin and she, an unknown local, walked in dressed as such, with wrinkly arms and faded tattoos. Would you still be clamoring to hit that? Not judging, just genuinely curious.

My attraction to females isn't dependent on if their arms are wrinkly or not... or if their skin is thin from age... or if they're body sags in places... or if they have discolored skin.

I'm attracted to human females, not just youthful human females.

To me, a woman's sexuality does not depend upon her youth for viability. In MY opinion, we live in a patriarchal society has ALL SORTS of double standards for females that don't apply to men. Ageism, slut shaming and victim blaming like, "She never would have been raped if she didn't wear that skirt" are all visages of this system of patriarchy.

I see ageism towards women as a diminishment of the feminine... it just rubs me wrong and I don't like it.

I LOVE and VALUE women, so my opinions all stem from a reverence of the female. I grew up in a home of female-power=good, so I am biased on this. I didn't grow up with a sexist father informing my opinions on women like many men did in the 20th century... so I am weird I guess. I think sexism in the household is common in the US... it's so common that nobody notices it when it happens. Nobody is sexist and everyone is a feminist.

And I'm not saying that dissing Lita's looks are solid evidence of an undervaluation of women... I'm just explaining how me, myself and I came about this... and just how isolated I feel as a feminist man in the US.

I'm the anti-man asshole because I value women... the shoe fits I suppose.

She made a career out of music and most of us didn't. Not much to say other than that. I see no reason to bag on her looks but hey, I'm gay. What do I know...

I think it's time to clear the air. Some mighty corn-fused notions going 'round. I don't disrespect Lita for her apparel/looks. I just don't find them appealing. IMO (and this is key) a 57 YO woman parading around in an outfit like that is just as much a target for commentary as I am for parading around in sleeveless Imperial Japanese battle flag t-shirt at age 50. To the extent that she (and I) justify it because it's in the context of our "act", I say, okay. Fine. But that's not the same as disrespecting her and her musical talents any more than Chris' shot across my bow was an indictment of my worth or abilities as a guitarist, artist or teacher.

This is no different than establishing a blanket condemnation of shorts on stage, or finding Gene and Paul still dressing up in 7 inch heels and cod pieces a little ridiculous. If finding younger women, (like, say, the lovely ladies in the Boobies, Booties or NSFW threads) more attractive is sexist, I'm happily guilty. Subjective differences in how we define attractive are NOT always the spawn of runaway sociological and cultural evils. I mean, just because I prefer redheads over brunettes does not signify that brunettes are being bagged on or shamed.

Now, if you disagree with my subjective take on the questionable appeal of nigh-60 YO woman in skin tight leathers and wrinkly skin, and find it attractive, more power to ya! But it's not about the devaluation of women.

Shorts on stage.

Dude. That's just bullshit.

Archived