Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2015 Dave Grohl TRIBUTE 335 Guitar

I bought this guitar off Craigslist last year.  The guy said he had it built for him because he couldn't afford $3600 for the real deal. 

It is not a Gibson...I don't know what it is.

It is a great playing guitar with high quality components.

Gibson 57 classic pickups, Gibson Bridge and tailpiece, locking mini grover tuners, cts 500k pots with orange drop caps.

This baby rocks!  I bought it because I couldn't afford $3600 for the real thing....lol.   It has great tone and playability and is very light!  Included is a Deluxe GATOR hard case!!!

$700 pp/shipped takes it home!

Thanks for looking!!!

IMG_9610_zpswyk2tj3p.jpg

IMG_9611_zpsw9mzz2vp.jpg

IMG_9612_zpswvldpvea.jpg

IMG_9613_zps7xy5xjfh.jpg

IMG_9616_zps2urnzkww.jpg

IMG_9617_zpss8lsiswp.jpg

IMG_9618_zpskac9rjsv.jpg

IMG_9619_zpsve8tljmo.jpg

IMG_9620_zps8ximjqqq.jpg

IMG_9623_zpsmtqho06y.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brent:

i actually know the lowdown on those.  Shoot me a PM if you want the skinny.

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Brent:

i actually know the lowdown on those.  Shoot me a PM if you want the skinny.

I have a pretty good idea...thanks though

IMG_9646_zpsjvrim2e1.jpg
IMG_9645_zpsylv23hbi.jpg
IMG_9644_zpsprdpu009.jpg
IMG_9643_zpsaqadig1i.jpg
IMG_9642_zpseunwtsqt.jpg

Well, Brent, since you know, but choose not to disclose here, I can only assume you are trying to hide something.  I gave you an easy out, and you didn't take it.

These are a very well known Chinese counterfeit guitar, but I'm not taking the chance that somebody here is going to get burned by a sale when you also clearly know this and are not revealing it.  

http://www.tradetang.com/wholesale/grohl.html

Maybe it's time you take your business elsewhere.

Yikes. Not much chance that was going to slip by...

So, it appears I could buy the same type of Chibson for about tree-fiddy USD if I want to brave engaging in e-commerce directly with the Chinese? :P

ETA: No one with legal-for-driving vision would ever mistake that third fret inlay work with the likes of a $3,600 Gibson; that's for damn sure.

I'll pass.

I read somewhere he always hated Brent anyway.

On 5/1/2016 at 8:34 AM, Brentrocks said:

That's ok I know he hates me anyway

i could buy a 4 digit and he would still say something negative 

He had more chances here than most people get, but just couldn't play it straight.

Whatever bias I have against Heritage guitars has absolutely nothing to do with him nor the decision for him to flip his stuff elsewhere.  This was probably long overdue.

10 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Whatever bias I have against Heritage guitars has absolutely nothing to do with him nor the decision for him to flip his stuff elsewhere. 

To say nothing of your aversion to banana bunches in buttholes.

The rules are the rules.

Couldn't someone be prosecuted for importing trademarked-infringed products (actually, outright fraudulent copies/fakes!!) into the US by buying one from their website?

I know some may think it's cool to get a "Gibson" for super cheap, but the Chinese pull this crap all the time and it sucks, and needs to stop!!! 

I appreciate that the moderators here maintain vigilance, keeping the HFC my favorite non-smut place on the internet.

And my least-favorite thing about guitars is that some of them are intentionally mis-labeled, either in factories - always evil - or by individuals, either for what you might call "aspirational" reasons, or with intent to deceive a buyer.  Unfortunately, buyers have to maintain vigilance, too.

55 minutes ago, velorush said:

I have a, perhaps, naive question: how do these get into the country?  Sneaked across?  Legitimately brokered by agents? 

I'm thinking, purchased by dumbasses who are enthralled by the idea of possibly having others think it's the real deal to satisfy their desire to be king of the popes. (Real thing Google "sctv king of the popes")... or to make a quick buck.

Do your homework. And thank you mr.matthes!

43 minutes ago, cspot said:

I'm thinking, purchased by dumbasses who are enthralled by the idea of possibly having others think it's the real deal to satisfy their desire to be king of the popes. (Real thing Google "sctv king of the popes")... or to make a quick buck.

Do your homework. And thank you mr.matthes!

That wasn't my question.  Yes, I understand the either naive or nefarious that purchase these, but still it does not explain how they physically get through U.S. Customs.

Not all of them are - there have been plenty of seizures of counterfeit goods, but people keep ordering them and it's pretty difficult to monitor everything that comes into the US borders, and probably even tougher and more challenging to stop in other countries.

I don't even think getting past the border is the worst part... it's one or two owners down the line where the

provenance is just a "fog"  and some poor teenage kid pays $700 for a piece of crap...  and is faced with

trading it in and finds that a dealer won't even want it for any price...   

BTW:   the labels on the so called "57 classics"  have the wrong font,  and usually list the model

and date... 

1 hour ago, cynic said:

I think it's a Burstbucker Pro set.

+1...I prefer the Gibson pickup stickers that have the manufacturing date as well as the winder's initials, in smaller font; but I HAVE seen some genuine Gibson BB Pros and even BBs with the 'Bold' font stickers with no manufacturing date, like those on the guitar in question.

Archived