Hamer Fan Club Message Center

the Answer to The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything

tmsfo

#0042. One month shy of two years and worth every minute of the wait. It's a bit less red and more orange and the pics don't do the grain of the top justice.  I know you've heard this before but the workmanship is flawless.  Floored.  Thanks Mike and Trish!!

42.jpg

NICE!!!

That is excellent.  i really like the top.  OK, I actually like all of Mike's tops!   Dayum, Damn or what ever.  The Ultimates are just drop dead legs gorgeous, play wonderful and are all that and a bag of chips!

Congrats and rock on!

Hamerica

18 hours ago, tmsfo said:

#0042. One month shy of two years and worth every minute of the wait. It's a bit less red and more orange and the pics don't do the grain of the top justice.  I know you've heard this before but the workmanship is flawless.  Floored.  Thanks Mike and Trish!!

42.jpg

Beautiful. And it levitates too. 

Whoah...perfect execution in every aspect. It is SO hard to properly photo a cherryburst, sometimes you get lucky. No matter, the pic is beautiful. Like Dave stated above, the angle of the maple figuring is cool. The guitar looks like it is in motion, even in repose.

Any special tweaks on this Ultimate, tmsfo, or stock specs?

Very classic coloring. I love it! Would make me a 4-some. :D

I love how orange it is. Just a beautiful Ultimate. I don't know about you guys, but I am running out of superlatives to utter concerning this run of guitars.

Dont they play nice? As much as I love to look at 0006, I love to play it even more. 

Congrats on an incredible guitar!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2016 at 11:05 PM, RobB said:

Whoah...perfect execution in every aspect. It is SO hard to properly photo a cherryburst, sometimes you get lucky. No matter, the pic is beautiful. Like Dave stated above, the angle of the maple figuring is cool. The guitar looks like it is in motion, even in repose.

Any special tweaks on this Ultimate, tmsfo, or stock specs?

Stock except for 50's profile neck.  Chunkee.

Seriously.  It's like he took an impression of my hand.

(He didn't, but, MAN, it's PERFECT!!!)

19 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Didn't Mike totally nail the neck?  I love the chunky neck he carved on mine.

Mine falls into that kind of category too.

I know they're hand-carved, so there's likely some variation, but I wonder how many different types of neck profiles Mike did.  I thought someone mentioned a soft V at one point, and a ton of folks seem to have gotten something beefier than a Hamer Vintage Carve, but is your "50s neck" the same as mine?

I guess we'll all just have to get together one of these days for a family photo to find out. :) 

Archived