Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone looking to trade in their house for a guitar


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, kizanski said:

A house?  For $218,000?  In this economy?

Look at what "cheap" houses go for.  What should be tens of thousands now bring six figure amounts, but you can find houses for less than $100,000.00. 

A friend who spent/spends half the year on the road as an entertainer once said that if he had to do things over he might build a large garage that can have his motorhome parked inside, and just live in the motorhome.  As expensive as motorhomes can be, they still might be cheaper than a house in some parts of the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

...you can find houses for less than $100,000.00. 

I think we may be looking in different neighborhoods.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

A house?  For $218,000?  In this economy?

Seriously. 

I don't know of any house that's sold for that in the last decade!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Look at what "cheap" houses go for.  What should be tens of thousands now bring six figure amounts, but you can find houses for less than $100,000.00. 

A friend who spent/spends half the year on the road as an entertainer once said that if he had to do things over he might build a large garage that can have his motorhome parked inside, and just live in the motorhome.  As expensive as motorhomes can be, they still might be cheaper than a house in some parts of the country. 

                                  Nothing around my neck of the woods for that kind of money, hell my house was $250.000.00 when we bought it....................................11 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, santellavision said:

I read recently that Joe B finally did buy a vintage Explorer. He never had one in his collection.

How many bobbleheads and totebags did THAT set him back?

  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, santellavision said:

I read recently that Joe B finally did buy a vintage Explorer. He never had one in his collection.

I'll sleep better now.  

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my numbers are a little off, it wasn't really the point.  And you are correct, there is no where remotely livable within several hundred miles of me that would go for anything less than $350k or so.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you buy it to play it would it be OK to take the Bigsby off? 

That's assuming there are tailpiece studs under the custom made plate. 

12 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

We sold our modest 1400 sqft circa 1967 ranch in Durham a little over a year ago for well above asking sight unseen. The Triangle area market has been nuts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

You guys ain't seen nothin' yet... Try finding anything in Vancouver B.C. (or Toronto) for under 1.2 million. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a fan of the Bigsby or the price but I guess if I were rich I'd have a Shishkov made for me with a Floyd Rose and Flame top!

 

Edited by Ham Rex
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/17/2022 at 11:11 AM, Steve Haynie said:

If you have to be a snob about wanting to live in low crime areas, having good schools, and plentiful employment opportunities there might be a slightly higher average home price.  ;)

What gets me is that what used to be affordable, nice houses that were small and never meant to be prestigious are now going for hundreds of thousands in trendy towns like Asheville, NC. 

Or in my town, city mice buying perfectly nice small homes on small lots, tearing them down, and having monstroboxes put up - mostly painted in dark colors to camouflage their ugliness and out-of-placeness in the neighborhood. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...