Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I just bought a Talladega?

atquinn

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290280165347

Didn't really expect to win it for what I bid, but it should be cool to try out. I was going to sell my Mirage II anyway, so now I guess I'll also be selling this if I don't like it or my recently acquired Studio Custom if I do.

-Austin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=290280165347

Didn't really expect to win it for what I bid, but it should be cool to try out. I was going to sell my Mirage II anyway, so now I guess I'll also be selling this if I don't like it or my recently acquired Studio Custom if I do.

-Austin

Great bargain Austin.

I like the Amber Burst too.

Cool! I'll be curious to hear what you think of the double D's. If I recall, you thought the Rio Grande versions of the P-90 to be a bit nasally. To my ears, there's a little more bite to be had with the D's - the tone knob made a big difference.

Great deal...well done.

Didn't really expect to win it for what I bid, but it should be cool to try out.

I accidentally bought an expensive amp the same way. :lol:

I have a certain list of "want to play" Hamers, that I'll pretty much buy anytime for the right price, which this was. This will be redundant enough with some other guitar that I have that it will be easy to make room in my group for it if it turns out to be killer. If not, hopefully, I'll be able to break even on it or trade from something else on my "want to play" list :lol:

-Austin

Awesome!

I suspect you will love it.* The Talladega seems very cool to me (Travis convinced me of its versatility), but they have always been a little too pricey for me to take the plunge to try one. I hope the price you paid becomes a new trend for used Tallies. I want one.

*and sell it anyway

Didn't that go unsold the the first round with the reserve not met? Then it was "best offer"? Show us two things: Patience gets rewarded. And, there are not many buyers out there. Monaco IIIs for under a grand, 25th Anniversaries for $750 and now this. Oh and that Standard that went cheap last week.. wait 'til January when the Christmas bills come due and people unload more axes.

Damn!

I gotta git me one a doze, you lucky dawg! :unsure:

Well, I got the Tally yesterday, but do to some sort of flu-like thing I came down with, I didn't get to plug it in until today (which was only for about 10 minutes. Some preliminary bservations:

1) None of the pickup positions have the beef of a humbucker or P90 guitar (obviously), but they don't sound wimpy like single coils (do to me) either. All positions sound great clean and it does pretty well dirty too (and stays pretty quiet).

2) I was worried about the V neck shape. It's definitely a very noticable V, but it's still comfy to play. I think it might not play as "fast" as Hamer's regular carve for me though. I'll have to put in some more time to see if it fatigues my hand faster that the vintage carve. Probably wouldn't be a concern for someone without my screwed up left hand technique though :blink:

3) Those tuner knobs are even uglier in person (although the guitar as a whole is better looking in person than any pics I've seen). How someone can spend time coming up with a shape with such nice curves and put those angular monstrosities on them is beyond me (and, yes, I think they look ugly on Gibsons too :unsure:).

Well, that's it so far. More to come...

-Austin

3) Those tuner knobs are even uglier in person (although the guitar as a whole is better looking in person than any pics I've seen). How someone can spend time coming up with a shape with such nice curves and put those angular monstrosities on them is beyond me (and, yes, I think they look ugly on Gibsons too :unsure:).

Really? I love those-been wondering who has them aftermarket. Anyone have any ideas? I need 4-6 of em!

Archived