Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bench Report; Bon Jovi Les Paul

BCR Greg

Question

Jon has the earliest Classic I have seen, and it fell. So I get to put it back. Here's a few shots of the work....

How it arrived(by courier)...

1Joncasecounter_zpsa6cc8315.jpg

1apicks_zpsd66172d9.jpg

Broked up bad...

2Broke_zpsf2fd30a3.jpg

3Busted_zps5622abce.jpg

After hours of fiber clearing, coffee drinking and careful refitting...the hot hide glue and clamps come into play....

4clamped_zps7d20a7db.jpg

5afterclamp_zps61a10d1f.jpg

Not strong enough, time for the routing. By hand. With a Dremel.

6Routing_zpsac96f490.jpg

19Colormatched_zps78a2fafc.jpg

Oh no you di nt. Even all the King's Horses and all the King's Men could not have put THAT Humpty Dumpty Les Paul back together again.

Next few shows when Mr. Jovi plays it on stage he best give you a shout out or 2.

Cheers

caddie

I can hardly contain myself. I want to break off a few headstocks just so Greg can fix them!

Cheers

caddie

What a fantastic solution! The guitar appears stronger than ever.

That repair is brilliant. And, in another thread BCR Greg stated that he had a backlog of 1 years worth of work. Makes me think the headstock repair of that caliber is pretty expensive. I'm not saying it isn't worth it - the 12 mos. backlog says many players think it is, but those repairs probably only make sense for "special" guitars.

Simply incredible...

Have fun with Jon -- Tell him you did it using only a pocket knife and a subway token...

I can hardly contain myself. I want to break off a few headstocks just so Greg can fix them!

Cheers

caddie

You. Are such a tool.

Archived