GuitarGuy65 Posted December 17, 2022 Posted December 17, 2022 Yes, the holy grail is for sale. While I hate to sell is as it is an amazing guitar, it's time to try and move it along... Well documented in "the book", this is one of two in existence, and the only one with a P-90 in the neck position. One of our esteemed forum members has the other one that was made first. One of the earliest examples of a carved maple top Hamer, this one has a gorgeous bookmatched flame maple top and the super-killer original "Standard" headstock. I've had it in my collection for 4 years now and only thing I've done to it was have it professionally set up since I've owned it. It plays and sounds incredible (KofSeattle told me it was his favorite of the 40 Hamers he owned), and the neck is just sublime. I've owned many a Hamer over the last 40+ years and this one is as good as it gets. It's 100% real and spectacular! 😁 As the pictures show it's in pretty amazing condition for a 37+ year old guitar, with some of the typical Hamer finish chipping around a few of the tuning pegs on the headstock, and a few minor chips/scratches on the body. It also has some minor finish checking but as the pictures show it's in 9/10 condition. The strap pin on the upper horn has sunk into the body a bit (see pic), and was that way when I obtained the guitar. It still has the warranty card in the case with matching serial # and some Sam Moss Guitars goodies and a note that was put in there when Serial Steve purchased the guitar from Sam 20+ years ago. The provenance of this guitar is well known and it has passed through a few hands here over the years, and it's one of rarest and most iconic of all Hamers. Price is firm at $6,500 shipped in continental USA and will only accept certified funds or PP F&F. I've done deals here, on the old Birds & Moons Forum, The Gear Page, and have a perfect 100% score on eBay with over 20 years of transactions there. I've shipped many, many guitars over the years and know how to package them and keep them safe on their journeys to new homes too. Reach out if you have any questions, and thanks for looking!
DaveH Posted December 18, 2022 Posted December 18, 2022 Had Jol left 8 or 10 years earlier than he did, I would have one of these (similar). That is one gorgeous axe, man! GLWS, I really hope it stays in the clan,
Biz Prof Posted December 18, 2022 Posted December 18, 2022 <Sigh> Maybe when I retire a few years from now...
stedge Posted December 18, 2022 Posted December 18, 2022 Just such a cool guitar. Were i worthy it would be fun. But that guitar is wayyyy better than i am. GLWS. It’s a beauty.
cmatthes Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 22 hours ago, DaveH said: Had Jol left 8 or 10 years earlier than he did, I would have one of these (similar). That is one gorgeous axe, man! GLWS, I really hope it stays in the clan, Same. I put an order in for one of these annually for over a decade. I got a call the day I dropped my oldest off at college 2/3 away across the Country that if I wanted to place an order again, they’d build it. Out of state tuition checks could have bought me two, but the timing couldn’t have been worse!
tomteriffic Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 When I first started coming around here, that thing stopped my heart.
BubbaVO Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 Everything about that guitar is so right. Too cool.
ArnieZ Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 9 hours ago, The Shark said: I can't. I won't. Ugh... YOU WILL! arniez
kizanski Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 35 minutes ago, ArnieZ said: YOU WILL! Yeah, it's inevitable.
GuitarGuy65 Posted December 19, 2022 Author Posted December 19, 2022 That's some serious peer pressure... 🤣
kizanski Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 14 minutes ago, GuitarGuy65 said: That's some serious peer pressure... 🤣 He doesn't need it, honestly. @The Sharkis the AntiBAMF. Once he decides, the funds are on the way.
Steve Haynie Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 Could we do a partial trade? I have a bunch of issues of Guitar Player Magazine and Vintage Guitar.
BubbaVO Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 27 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said: Could we do a partial trade? I have a bunch of issues of Guitar Player Magazine and Vintage Guitar. I’ll see your Guitar Player and raise it with 1970s National Geographic issues - added bonus - the ones without the lost tribes in the Amazon and Congo don’t have any pages stuck together.
hamerhead Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 Do you think my kids would understand if I sold off the Hamers with their names on them?
cmatthes Posted December 19, 2022 Posted December 19, 2022 1 hour ago, hamerhead said: Do you think my kids would understand if I sold off the Hamers with their names on them? In all fairness, you can always adopt other kids. That is a one-of-a-kind guitar!
GuitarGuy65 Posted December 19, 2022 Author Posted December 19, 2022 2 hours ago, tweed said: Does this have the usual 80's skinny neck? It's not as skinny as some of the early '80s Specials I recall, but it's definitely not a chunky neck . It's still on the slimmer side I'd say.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.