Hamer Fan Club Message Center

New guitars 2023. What did you get, if any?

Disturber

1 hour ago, LucSulla said:

It really is. If you look at it at an angle, there is a definite lavender sparkle. 

Most balanced HSS I've ever played. 

Hmmm... Tempting. I've been working on Bark at the Moon lately, and Lee's ability for high speed palm muting interspersed with playing is... nuts. I can't even come close to his level of execution. I also love the bridge design on it. It's pretty much the same as the one on my Carvin bolt. Simple, easy to use, comfortable.

• Like 2

Bought and sold this artist. Should have kept it.   My favorite I think of the 3 I’ve owned.  
Assembled and finished this precision guitar kit with Gravelin 50’s wind p90.   Always need a Junior around.     
Built 2 telecasters from scratch.  The dark candy apple red /gold was for me and the candy apple red/silver I built for my dad.  Only took me 15 years to finally get a from scratch build done   Once I got one done the second almost seemed easy    Next year builds 3,4 and 5 will be done   

6EACFD91-240D-4C78-A1D8-5F574DF016A7.jpeg

1786AD3E-4D21-4D21-92DB-D13E360763E8.jpeg

14119079-460C-4831-B931-8A1D132018A9.jpeg

1B682D64-C232-4BE5-94BF-14358B79C58D.jpeg

• Like 16

Hamer Artist in spring this year. I took it to a clinic shortly after. Great playing sounding guitar. Quite beautiful too.

2023-06-24_17-52-08.jpg

• Like 19

Bought, sold and horse traded for quite a few this year. The one real surprise is this ASAT III with a 10 position Free-Way switch. It aint too pretty and thought it might be gimmicky at first. Turns out it can pretty much do it all.

20231226_142253.jpg20231226_142204.jpg

• Like 10

Added

Hamer USA Californian Elite (Only pic I have that is small enough)

DSC_2359small.jpg

ESP LTD KH-602 Ouija Natural

ESP KH-2 From the Custom Shop in Kiso Japan

ESP LTD-KH 602 Purple Sparkle

Hamer Echotone.

Sold:

Hamer USA Diablo

ESP KH-602 Demonology

Hamer Californian Korean Scalloped

Fender American Standard Telecaster.

Edited by rickrock999
  • Like 11

This ‘81 Greco MSV:

IMG_2634.jpeg

IMG_2642.jpeg

Another Greco flying out from the East Coast shortly. For the money, $1.1k buys A LOT of vintage MIJ guitar. 

Ibanez GB30:

IMG_0150.jpeg

And a first-year issue, 2005 Fender EJ Strat with all of the case goodies. Pics to follow. 

Edited by RobB
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2023 at 6:34 PM, Dave Scepter said:

FB_IMG_1703464082077.jpg.b50701e3f41a74f97d3442b478ea2a1e.jpg

I have the same stuff but I'm happy with what I have ..............................but as long as your going that route what the hell, me too just thinking.............. IF I could have one more maybe this one. ylQtp7G.jpg

Not really... just trying to fit in 🤣

• Like 1

Sold 82 Special (not pictured here). Buyer backed out before I could ship. Took that as a sign to keep it. 

Bought and sold Korina Jr.  Bought BCR Jr. (which is not nearly as bright yellow as in the pic). 

image.png

image.png

Edited by bry4321
  • Like 10

I pretty much turned over my complete collection this year...  but these two beasts were

my favorites...   

Murphy Lab Light aged with OX4 Ed King pickups   

image.png

2002 Dean USA Caddy...  clean with like new frets...   believe this is one where US Masters did the

woodwork and Dean Tampa took it from there...    I have the original pickups but I added super distortions.   

image.png

I know the aging is bananas but it's a great axe and the frets were perfect

2022 rock n roll relics  

image.png

some bass content.  2020 Fender Road Worn (MIM) 60th Anniversary

Firemist Silver Jazz bass...  has a nice mint green tint to it 

image.png

lastly...  building this one,  hopefully for me.   an MJT/Musikraft Sonic Blue Esquire with

a hot Vineham Broadcaster pickup

image.png

Edited by DaveL
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, DaveL said:

2002 Dean USA Caddy...  clean with like new frets...   believe this is one where US Masters did the

woodwork and Dean Tampa took it from there...    I have the original pickups but I added super distortions.   

Iimage.png

LOVE that one!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DaveL said:

I pretty much turned over my complete collection this year...  but these two beasts were

my favorites...   

Murphy Lab Light aged with OX4 Ed King pickups   

image.png

I have a candy green rock n roll relics that I'll add in the next day or so...  

image.png

I know the aging is bananas but it's a great axe and the frets were perfect

2022 rock n roll relics  

image.png

another Edwards Keef model   2013, mint...  GC seems to have misplaced the case. 

I'm so shocked.    ;)   

image.png

some bass content.  2020 Fender Road Worn (MIM) 60th Anniversary

Firemist Silver Jazz bass...  has a nice mint green tint to it 

image.png

lastly...  building this one,  hopefully for me.   an MJT/Musikraft Sonic Blue Esquire with

a hot Vineham Broadcaster pickup

image.png

Atta' kid!  The Murphy is so nice.  Always keep your buddy Dave in mind on that one!

• Like 2

Just one, for a change:

spacer.png

Had never paid much attention to the S2 line. Saw this on DGS and thought 'why are they calling it a Thinline, where's the f-hole'? After looking into it, thinline is because it's thin (brilliant). And they moved the switch down to where the knobs are, so it's rather SG-like in those respects.

I never got on well with actual SG's, but this works well for me.

I have a Rivera Stage IV on order, too. Just because. No clue when it may arrive.

Edited by Tortious
  • Like 6

Only two fretted instruments in 2023:

The Boss 429 hot rod Tele (technically I finished and strung it up on December 30th of last year, but I didn't get it properly set up and in gigging shape until January.)

20221230_133139.jpg.91bd789466f5481752a34a4525fa685b.jpg

And then there's this Fullerton F-style mandolin. Perfect for the Celtic jig Nigel plays after the narrative interlude on "Stonehenge".

g7mtlpxzqdycped3ovrk.jpg.52f32cf96d07399b7c337c8c067fdbc4.jpg

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Like 8