Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Your current #1 guitar?

gtone

although my duotone is still the highest quality guitar i own, my fave to play and the one i use most often is actually the cheapest;

the grey indonesian Ibby RG on the right. it just plays better (and the floyd stays in tune better than the other floyd).

ps - the blue saber is japanese, the brown RG is korean.

Boy, my fave seems to vary almost daily and is subject to whether I'm at a gig or not.

But the one that is getting the most play time these days is the Martin 000-16 rosewood cutaway I just got from Bobbymack. It's 5 years old but had spent almost the entire time in its case. I've been playing it daily since i got it and it's starting to open up and come alive. So I'm getting more delighted with it every day. It did its first show last weekend and did quite admirably despite my not quite grokking the electronics.

As far as electrics, the guitar du jour will be a Hamer 8 times out of 10. Other regular contenders are a Deluxe Player's Strat with a full-house David Gilmour electronics setup, an exceedingly rare and much better than its reputation solidbody Martin E-28 and a $100 Washburn blowout that surprised me so much that I covered it with stickers so I wouldn't be able to sell it.

I know I posted this before, but for anyone who hasn't seen it - the 'Weapons Of Choice' used for tracking our second album;

photo_zps03360e2e.jpg

Left to right;

My 4-digit #0204 - 95% of everything you'll hear was tracked on this. It sings.

Andy's 2012 ESP LTD Nergal Signature 7-string - used to add grunt in a few places

Andy's 2013 DBZ Cavallo ST-FR

Andy's 2012 ESP Edwards Custom Shop V

Andy's 2013 ESP Custom Shop Andy Sneap Signature V, with a flame top Hamer would have been proud of, plus a titanium Floyd :o

My '08 Standard Custom.

What a fantastic guitar! The project really went well. Since I have it, it gets played. Then come the Bo Brian May and Newport. Both are equally played.

Scheithauer Custom Bo Diddley Charlie Christian

5HGtQcidW1MaOHLpxukdOvI99.jpg

The Scheithauer Custom Bo Diddley Charlie Christian is without doubt one of the odder but cooler instruments I've seen.

Meanwhile the chickenhead have been replaced by a third bakelite knob. It creates a much better look. The neck is massive, but in the same way comfortable. I had never thought to make this experience. Regularly thin necks appear odd to me now. Seriously.

Archived