Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Screw "No Guitar Challenge" What Did You Get In 2013?

L2A3

Much more fun to talk about what people got than didn't get :)

I went a bit crazy...but I was overdue!

6 Gibsons - CS V, V'98, V'94RI, 2 Rev V, Exp

3 USA Robins - Machete 12, 2 Fleetwoods

2 USA Hamers - both Korina V's

1 USA Fender - FSR Lipstick Strat

Wow! That's a lot of guits for one year.

I only got 2 last year.

USA Hamer Artist Korina P90, ARTK

USA Hamer Artist Korina HB, ARTKHB

This site doesn't provide smiley faces with big enough smiles to reflect how much I'm enjoying them.

2013 returned me to 'acquisition' mode after a few years of downsizing and strict adherence to the 'one in/one out' rule.

-1981 BC Rich Mockingbird

-2009 Gibson FB III

-1982 Gibson Explorer

-1969 Dan Armstrong guitar

-1979 Hamer Sunburst (sold)

-1986 Hamer SS II (sold)

-1978 Greco faux korina Destroyer project (sold)

-1978 Greco EX 800 (copy of Hamer #0000)

-Tokai Silver Star (70s-style Strat copy)

-1985 Schecter PT

In May, I bought a Guthrie Govan model Suhr Modern. Then a month or two later, I bought another Suhr Modern that was a bit different than the GG, and sold the GG. Then a month or so ago, I bought a setneck carvetop Modern and sold the other one. So although I spent an obscene amount of money last year, the total number of guitars I went through was less. We'll see what happens this year.

-

Austin

New Hamer USA Studio NOS, Vintage Natural, never did get the build-year, one of these days I'll look.

1992-1993 Hamer USA Sunburst Archtop Custom, Orange-burst, slim neck, B&C, with a stock JB in the bridge (thanks, Uncle Greg/BCR!)

Early 2000's Washburn HM-20 Indonesian re-issue, my "what-was-I-thinking" purchase that I need to unload.

Amp-wise, both my Laney UK 20-watt head and my 1995 Fender USA Blues DeVille were both restored/refinished by Mojotone and my local Amp Tech.

Don't be fooled, I still suck.

Guitarwise I bought the Scheithauer Custom Bo Diddley Charlie Christian.

Hog Standard

Hog Studio

T-51

25th LTD

3-holer Duotone

Newport

5-string Cruise

All but the Studio came from you HFC enablers. I thank you all.

A nash e-52 esquire that really does justice to word killer. It simplly kills

My first Les Paul in 35 years, it really is a differert animal then a Hamer studio or Monona Elite. It's rounder and looser sounding not as focused.

BCRGreg, henceforth known as "Da Pusher Man," introduced me to Huber guitars in 2013. And THAT'S when the trouble started........And no small part of the reason for the sale of several other items.......

Yeah, I switched to "buy" mode. Was a buyer's market and my job is stable.

• No. 2 of 9 Hamer Koa-top Studio
  • Hamer Studio GT with humbuckers
  • Hamer Cruisebass with floral graphics
  • Danelectro Hodad w/Bigsby
  • Mexican Telecaster (GREAT guitar)
  • USA Telecaster I got in a trade
  • MotorAve custom #0004

I'm covered now, thanks.

This is the one that put me out of the challenge:

b564fe65114a7c1a9e2b18bc4a72a115_zpsf3ac

Nice guitar that I seem to be bonding with, but the purchase was driven by compulsion and boredom. I'm hoping it's the last purchase I can say that about, at least for a while.

Ok, let's see:

Vanguard P90 w/ mid boost

Monaco

Monaco Superpro

1987 TLE (sold)

Dean Soltero SL MIJ

Monaco Elite

Peavey LTD (sold)

1980 Special

And waiting for a Washburn Custom Shop guitar coming up.

Most of the deals were done with the friendly help from HFC members, some of the guitars were purchased here.

It was a buyers year, and it ended with some massiv sellings. Next year will be different. I swear. :-)

BCRGreg, henceforth known as "Da Pusher Man," introduced me to Huber guitars in 2013. And THAT'S when the trouble started........And no small part of the reason for the sale of several other items.......

Huber huh?

I don't think I can afford getting hooked on another must have boutique guitar company. Let me know if they go out of business, I only seem to discover special guitars after the lights have been turned off :(

Good thing I live a long way from BCRGreg's shop, from the pics he has posted here and on the RL forum I think he has started many addictions and I'm a sucker for a pretty neck joint. :)

Only five for me in 2013:

Ernie Ball Music Man Albert Lee HH

Gretsch G6120JR2 Nashville JR

Gretsch G6199 Billy-Bo Jupiter Thunderbird

Robin Artisan Prototype

Robin Texas Rawhide Slabtop Supreme Hollow

And those don't really count because I sold at least one for every one that I bought :P

First guitar in 4 years, first fender, fender toranado, black mim, humbuckers, 24.5 scale, sits well with offset body, pickups are ok for cleans, suck for distortion. Want to try a mustang but can't find one in any guitar sore in Cleveland to try.

Only one guitar in 2013, an Epiphone Les Paul plus-top from SavetheMatches here on the board. Needed some wiring tlc, which was a bit of fun sluething.

I'm pretty satisfied with my stable and have a number of imports to unload; I just never play them.

I think a Newport is next. I'll probably do the Feynman- get up a $1500 stash and then cycle through better guitars until I find the one.

Monaco Elite- some WCR's went into this one, and I love it.

Artist Custom- thinking about some Wolfetones in this one.

Melancon Cajun Gentleman- TV Jones and a Bigsby in a chambered Tele-shaped guitar. Perfection? Perhaps... ;)

Earthen Maple Talladega- scheduled to finally arrive tomorrow. Always wanted a Tally, can't wait to play it!

Archived