Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pre-Ultimate Shishkov designs

cynic

Following a discussion last night with my brother about 7, 8, 9, and 10 string guitars, this morning I came across this on wiki:

"A ten-string jazz guitar by Mike Shishkov, based on the ten-string extended-range classical guitar, was demonstrated at the 3rd International Ten String Guitar Festival in October, 2008."

I know we've all seen the two Mike shared that were built for his daughers, and Alpep had a couple under Mike's Creative Lutherie brand on his site for a time. I'm curious what non-Hamer Shishkov creations are floating around out there.

Here are the few I've seen. Can anyone share any others?

010_zpsce723429.jpg

ShishkovArchtop.jpg

OK-these are are not true 'Shishkovs' (because numerous people worked on these for me)...

imagejpg3_zps9ee82a2b.jpg
imagejpg1_zps36556981.jpg

I have read other places that Mike is kinda famous for crafting some of the best arch top Jazz boxes IN THE WORLD.

We already know what a badass he is on Hamers.....all this just makes the waiting and anticipation for the ULTIMATES all the better.

Again, I believe the substance will be better than the fantasy........that doesn't happen often.

BTW, love Serial's guitars. He always has the coolest pics of the coolest guitars.....Chris too. It runs in the fam!

The blue one is ridiculous. I'd love to see more of that.

I think the Hello Kitty is more your speed.

I dunno - those ears look awefully sharp.....

The blue one is ridiculous. I'd love to see more of that.

Agreed.

I love that blue archtop, seriously. I mean"ohmigod that is astonishingly gorgeous" love. If I thought there was any way I could afford to have Mike build me something like that I'd do it in a heartbeat.

That's a Gorgeous archtop.

Wow, those are all stunning and the blue one is insane. Too broke to even fantasize about calling dibs on anything right now.

As for the beautiful, ten string jazz Sasquatch - just Fugetaboutit ! ! ! For f*#ks sake, I still can't play just six strings worth a damn - four more would just add a sixty-six percent increase in my mistakes right off the bat. ;)

Those were done ten years or so ago.

Whats the story on the 12 String mini Standard and the Thunderbolt guitars, I noticed they were on the Shishkov website from day 1 were these pre Shiskov guitars ?

I think the 12 String is actually a Futura either way nice guitars.

Hamerica

Stoopid question time: Was the Improv Mike's design? Not sure where i got that impression...

That would follow logically from Mike's other jazz box creations. Of course, the industry media (Guitar Player, in this case) either failed to get this right by accident or by ignorance (emphasis added):

"Granted, with a depth of 2" at the sides and a width of only 13 7/8", the Improv is a sub-compact of the archtop world, but Hamer design guru Jol Dantzig has created an instrument that offers the warm, woody tones associated with classic archtops in a package that will suit players who aren’t necessarily wedded to jazz.

Stoopid question time: Was the Improv Mike's design? Not sure where i got that impression...

That would follow logically from Mike's other jazz box creations. Of course, the industry media (Guitar Player, in this case) either failed to get this right by accident or by ignorance (emphasis added):

"Granted, with a depth of 2" at the sides and a width of only 13 7/8", the Improv is a sub-compact of the archtop world, but Hamer design guru Jol Dantzig has created an instrument that offers the warm, woody tones associated with classic archtops in a package that will suit players who aren’t necessarily wedded to jazz.

Yeah, a boss would never take credit for one of the grunt's ideas.

Exactly. It wouldn't be the first idea/design Mr. Personality claimed as his own.

Archived