Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommended Posts

.....Is a number that had some special significance when I was younger. It is NOT my age. It IS a hexadecagonal number, the atomic number of radium AND the number of keys on a piano. Some would say two eights represents a "double infinity". But perhaps it only FEELS like that........

Who are we mere mortals to dare question such existential matters?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm glad to read this. And being well educated, first hand. And feeling comfortable again.

In Germany 2 8s can have different meanings, and one interpretaion is really disgusting:

Eighty Aid is the claim of a service clinic for Cannondale's suspension fork like the Fatty, Lefty etc.

Eighty Aid roots from 4x22, which is the amount of balls (sic!) in the 4 ballbearings, that make C'dales construction work and being serviceable.

So far, so good! Mountainbiking is good for your health. And brain.

But now the BAD:

88 also is used by (German, but also international) Nazis as a hidden salutation, referring twice to „H“ , the 8th letter in the alphabet.

This is meant to mean „Heil Hitler". Which is at least disgusting.

Fck Nzis!

 

Again something new learnt!

And THIS down there is a cap from the Headshok clinic!

images.jpg

Edited by donner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's just the year I graduated, so no scary meanings for me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dale, Jr.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

It's just the year I graduated, so no scary meanings for me!

I've got 0091 in the queue to commemorate my grad year.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, donner said:

I'm glad to read this. And being well educated, first hand. And feeling comfortable again.

In Germany 2 8s can have different meanings, and one interpretaion is really disgusting:

Eighty Aid is the claim of a service clinic for Cannondale's suspension fork like the Fatty, Lefty etc.

Eighty Aid roots from 4x22, which is the amount of balls (sic!) in the 4 ballbearings, that make C'dales construction work and being serviceable.

So far, so good! Mountainbiking is good for your health. And brain.

But now the BAD:

88 also is used by (German, but also international) Nazis as a hidden salutation, referring twice to „H“ , the 8th letter in the alphabet.

This is meant to mean „Heil Hitler". Which is at least disgusting.

Fck Nzis!

 

Again something new learnt!

And THIS down there is a cap from the Headshok clinic!

images.jpg

Whoa.....That one appropriation of 88 is most unfortunate. And disgusting.

Off the subject a bit......A woman I worked with in SoCal for over 25 years had a BMW. Her father, a Jewish survivor of WWII Europe, never did quite cozy up to what he called a "Nazi tin can" (and worse).

There are some things the world must never forget. But I am not going to veer off into "politics".

PS......If "88" equates to "HH". I am going to reinterpret that as Hugh Hefner......Boobies are much more uplifting.

Edited by django49

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, django49 said:

PS......If "88" equates to "HH". I am going to reinterpret that as Hugh Hefner......Boobies are much more uplifting.

I'd sign off on that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard mine has finally started to get roughed out as well 085 !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

0085 = "HE".  Her Excellency?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneaky peaky......

Shishkov 7.jpeg

More to be revealed soon.......There will be a few twists.......

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to see more, i'm sure it will be twisted very nicely! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, what do you have there?  Is that korina with a redwood top? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking great so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spalted maple...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jakeboy said:

Spalted maple...?

"Black" Korina.  Really just Limba/Korina with lots of character.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2018 at 11:12 AM, django49 said:

Sneaky peaky......

Shishkov 7.jpeg

More to be revealed soon.......There will be a few twists.......

That will look AMAZING after it’s carved!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

88 could also represent your IQ, but we won’t go there.  🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 4:10 AM, ptm1diver said:

88 could also represent your IQ, but we won’t go there.  🙄

Entirely possible my IQ dropped in half since going to work for my own self 13 years ago. The last thing I wanna do is let that slavedriver  know I think I am smarter than he is.....Just yesterday, I looked in the mirror and he said, "Have a good day!" So I went home. Wait a minute, I work at home! WTF am I talking about?

But it is also entirely possible that I am guilty of TUII....Typing Under the Influence of Intoxicants. Could it be?!?

limba.jpg

 

  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, django49 said:

But it is also entirely possible that I am guilty of TUII....Typing Under the Influence of Intoxicants. Could it be?!?

The intoxicant is that photo I'm assuming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Four week on bump.....shishkov11.jpg

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A-N-T-I-C-I-P-A-T-I-O-N...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, soli'd said:

Redwood? 😏

Good wood whatever it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking really good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×