Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA korina Standard split headstock

Why would anyone choose that over the regular - and faaaar better-looking -  Standard headstock? They're not good, even on a Dean. Unless you're up a creek.

17 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Why would anyone choose that over the regular - and faaaar better-looking -  Standard headstock? They're not good, even on a Dean. Unless you're up a creek.

Or the Robin 4x2.  Was never a fan of that.
But as @Jeff R, @thecajunboy and @foodermon have told me in the past, "You could gig you a nice frog wit' dat!"

5 hours ago, kizanski said:

If only there were a member here, maybe even twins, with a book full of Hamer serial numbers...

They may be keeping up reading up the serial and can‘t find it in the books. 

Regardless of the logo. The price is putting it into lockdown anyway.

16 hours ago, burningyen said:

Something odd happened with that logo. Besides the non-italicized font, the letters don’t all line up. Almost looks like someone tried to recreate the logo as part of a repair, but the headstock looks clean.

I agree that the logo looks a bit suspicious:  it is not even parallel to the neck.  It looks like it slants down and to the right.

I’ve seen this one (or one damned close to it) before.   So far, that number isn’t showing up in any logs I’ve got and my “go to” guys from AH don’t seem to recall it.   

Still investigating...

Things that point to it being a legit hamer:

-rear cavity routes

-shitty Enclosed output jack 

-three piece neck

-font and style of serial number

-neck joint( not like a Gibson explorer)

-body thickness

-same schaller tuners of other standards of the era

-truss rod cover

-body shape, the lower horn has the same bigger radius of a hamer not a gibson

why would you convert a Korina Gibson which goes for more money into a hamer?

Nobody thinks it’s a Gibson.  Everything points to Hamer, but I haven’t found anybody from Hamer who was there at the time who remembers it.   It may have been a “side project” or something - waiting to hear from another couple of people who were in AH at the time.  
The logo is baffling...

4 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Nobody thinks it’s a Gibson. 

Yeah, that was dumb moment. It seems like I remember seeing this Hamer in Guitar Shop ( I miss that mag)  alongside the RN Futura(?) back around 96 or 97. Or I could be dreaming.

Let me know if you find a pic of that guitar or magazine.   I’ve spoken to Jol and several of the guys who were at A.H. At the time, and nobody has any recollection whatsoever of that guitar.  The possibility that’s come up is that it could be an employee home build or a forgery, but I’d think somebody would at least do a credible logo if they put that much effort into the rest of it.  

Archived