Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Dweezil Zappa Selling Gear On Reverb

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Travis said:

Saw that. His Charvel is tits...

Yep, that and the Sheik Yerbouti guitars will probably be the high ticket items.  And that PRS mando looking custom guitar.

2 hours ago, crunchee said:

Some fine pieces there, for sure. 

The video surprised me in his choice of an ass-like tone to showcase the guitars, him being a top pro player. Weird.

2 hours ago, crunchee said:

I have a Wiggy that I might be convinced to release back into the wild.

He sold his cool Hamers and the Gold Iceman (and a few Wiggys) in the last big closet cleaning he had a few years ago.

His shop is now live. 35,000 for the slime green Charvel. I'd probably pay that for it if I were a gazillionaire. You could get Charvel custom shop to duplicate it for 5 grand or less. I should message Dweezil and ask if it includes Moon's panties. 

15 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

His shop is now live. 35,000 for the slime green Charvel. I'd probably pay that for it if I were a gazillionaire. You could get Charvel custom shop to duplicate it for 5 grand or less. I should message Dweezil and ask if it includes Moon's panties. 

For that price, she had better be in them.

7 hours ago, dhuber said:

He's wearing a white suit on the Heartbeat video.  The suit that comes with the Charvel is charcoal?

It wouldn't surprise me if Dweezil is selling one that is replicated and he is keeping the original.  I saw a YouTube segment where Dweezil was listing a Strat that he said was given to his dad by Hendrix at Monterey with Norman's Rare Guitars.  So many things where different like the neck was on a different body or something, I can't remember exactly. Anyway, some guy commented that it was like putting a mounting ring from a 59 Les Paul on a new one and claiming that it was vintage. 

Dweezil is cut off from his dad's estate and his mom or younger sister are the administrators and they have sued each other.

I'm thinking he isn't the most honest guy in the world. 

31 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

It wouldn't surprise me if Dweezil is selling one that is replicated and he is keeping the original.  I saw a YouTube segment where Dweezil was listing a Strat that he said was given to his dad by Hendrix at Monterey with Norman's Rare Guitars.  So many things where different like the neck was on a different body or something, I can't remember exactly. Anyway, some guy commented that it was like putting a mounting ring from a 59 Les Paul on a new one and claiming that it was vintage. 

Dweezil is cut off from his dad's estate and his mom or younger sister are the administrators and they have sued each other.

I'm thinking he isn't the most honest guy in the world. 

i get it -- you don't like him... let it be.

That "HENDRIX STRAT" was basically just a body when Zappa [FRANK] got it. It was given to Frank by one of Jimi's roadies. No one knows the exact date of the body or where or when the "BURNING" took place, most of the things about that guitar have been recounted by people who are no longer alive. It's certainly no where near what you could call a original Hendrix owned guitar except for the body and then who really knows as lots of false claims about the guitar[And we are just talking about a guitar body here] have been made through the years. If I would be a collector of Hendrix owned instruments and associated material I wouldn't be chasing that guitar.

57 minutes ago, 79Sunburst said:

Actually, you don't get it.  I like both Dweezil and his brother Ahmet.  I just think he plays fast and loose with the truth about some of his gear .

5 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

That "HENDRIX STRAT" was basically just a body when Zappa [FRANK] got it. It was given to Frank by one of Jimi's roadies. No one knows the exact date of the body or where or when the "BURNING" took place, most of the things about that guitar have been recounted by people who are no longer alive. It's certainly no where near what you could call a original Hendrix owned guitar except for the body and then who really knows as lots of false claims about the guitar[And we are just talking about a guitar body here] have been made through the years. If I would a collector of Hendrix owned instruments and associated material I wouldn't be chasing that guitar.

Yeah, fuck that nonsense.

For me, it's not a question of "liking him" or not liking him.  I honestly have never heard him play a note, mostly because I don't care.
The "Hendrix Strat" is one that I have been aware of for decades, but as has been stated many times here, we're talking about a body with no provenance, so the "value" of the guitar is only that which you could attribute to Frank having owned/played it.  This is assuming it is still the same body, of course.

I've stated many times that I wouldn't pay a premium for a guitar just because _____ owned it, and this has never been more true.
Dweezil Zappa guitars?  GTFO

5 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Yeah, fuck that nonsense.

For me, it's not a question of "liking him" or not liking him.  I honestly have never heard him play a note, mostly because I don't care.
The "Hendrix Strat" is one that I have been aware of for decades, but as has been stated many times here, we're talking about a body with no provenance, so the "value" of the guitar is only that which you could attribute to Frank having owned/played it.  This is assuming it is still the same body, of course.

I've stated many times that I wouldn't pay a premium for a guitar just because _____ owned it, and this has never been more true.
Dweezil Zappa guitars?  GTFO

Right on point KIZ!

10 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I think his wife is making him get rid of some things, because his prices reflect a guy that doesn't care if it sells or not. LOL A STOCK McCarty for $15,000? 

Or his prices could reflect a guy who thinks he's fucking famous.

Archived