Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 08/26/2026 in all areas

  1. It was me. A few dings but seems to be in good shape. Will try to post NHD thread when I get a chance.
    11 points
  2. She will rightfully be remembered for a lot of good things and deeds. Perhaps her most significant contribution in my eyes was the creation of her Imagination Library. I grew up in a household full of books, and I learned to read at a very young age. My mother grew up incredibly poor and was instrumental in steering my sister and me toward formal education. IIRC, Dolly's father was illiterate, and that wasn't necessarily unique in early twentieth century Appalachia. She realized the opportunities that would be available to anyone who could effectively read and write. Truly a game changer for the poor and forgotten ones in society. When my first child was born, I had already purchased several books to read to her while my wife was pregnant. And while I didn't need the charity of a free book, a local literacy advocacy group provided us (and all new parents at local hospitals) with a free copy of Goodnight Moon. I later discovered it was Dolly's Imagination Library that helps subsidize and facilitate this benevolent service. Now that's a legacy worth celebrating.
    10 points
  3. Disclaimer: all Barbie content is of course A.I. slop.
    7 points
  4. Fabulous guitar, original to my knowledge except for the knobs and maybe the guitar pins (possibly only the screws are new and the pins are the original). Pretty rare, very good condition, the colour has changed over the years, a few dings on the guitar. Comes with original red plush hamer case. I'm the third owner of the guitar. Neck is more on the narrow side, I'd say medium. Frets have been dressed not long ago, plays great. EUR 2200,- is what I have in it so I'd like to break even on this if possible. It's on reverb too (for a higher price coz fees'n'stuff). I don't think I will ship outside EU because it's too wild at the moment. Downsizing is the reason why but if it doesn't sell I'm happy to have it around because it's beautiful 😉 Happy to send bigger images or have a look at my ad on kleinanzeigen... https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/s-anzeige/1980-hamer-special-opaque-blue/3494364733-74-2091
    7 points
  5. Gotta love how she never took herself too seriously.
    5 points
  6. Leland Sklar tells a couple Dolly stories:
    5 points
  7. I’d tap that (and then run away with the Jr.)
    4 points
  8. The guitar is NOT A.I. of course. It seems to be a typical Korina Jr, just painted pink. It includes the very manly Seymour Duncan "hot" P90 pickup that many people love to hate. Different knobs and without the normal dogear-style pickup cover. Internet suggests it was sold once by L.A. Guitar Center "used" and then in a charity auction.
    4 points
  9. There are not a lot of people left in the public eye that stir much southern pride in me these days, but she was damn sure one of them. Sad to see her go, but I hope I manage a 1/10th of the positive things she did for people. Pretty inspiring life for anyone who knew her beyond the boobs and hair, and even that image was brilliant.
    4 points
  10. Sad to hear that - I know she had been ill over the last few months, but she was always a bright, positive light who gave a lot back. Never really was within my musical tastes, but seemed like one helluva good person and a total icon.
    4 points
  11. I mean, if you want to play Mississippi queen all day, they are PERFECT. Just not sure why Hamer decided that the HOT P90 for the neck and CUSTOM P90 for the bridge was the way to go. They were taller than normal P90s, so they had to route out more material. I guess they didn't want the "standard" low out put SP90-1 pickups.
    3 points
  12. Curiously, it seems it remains active. But the one response asking a question also appears to be a "shill". Also, the "seller" hasn't got any activity since 2018. Hmm...
    3 points
  13. 3 points
  14. I thought it was a very nice gesture having him on stage one more time.
    3 points
  15. Great artist & an amazing songwriter. R.I.P. 😞
    3 points
  16. What took you so long to post it?.. still sniffing it? 🤣
    3 points
  17. There were several interesting guitars in the museum at Dollywood when we visited sometime in the '90s, including an original all-chrome Veleno
    3 points
  18. Wow, this one really makes me sad. Like her music or not, Dolly wrote a lot of great songs and when you heard a song of hers, you knew it was her. And she did so much for others when she didn't have to. I'm sure she did plenty that no one ever heard about.
    3 points
  19. When wildfires were taking a toll on Eastern Tennessee, Dolly donated a million dollars or two to help people in that area. When Hurricane Helene came along in 2024 she donated a million or two out of her own pocket to help people again.
    3 points
  20. I reported the ad as well and told them to check the IP address - it's going to show Morocco, not NC. Let's see if they do anything about it. I doubt they will...
    2 points
  21. He also briefly listed a Danocaster BG, which is not there any longer. I hope nobody bought into that one. Likewise the TGP mods told me all was alright (despite no activity since 2019). Very suspicious.
    2 points
  22. Uncle Ted and Dolly.
    2 points
  23. I've played a couple shows with the guitar player's new bands and they've all been great. Dude is a total ripper with some fun gear. I think he was using an EGC through a Diezel VHX the last time we played with them.
    2 points
  24. Thank You for the tip! It says the mono is unavailable. I'm going to call them!
    2 points
  25. 2 points
  26. Congrats @bry4321. I saw it and was really tempted…but I had already bought something the week before & was a bit tapped out.
    2 points
  27. Please move all comments to new link, even @hamerhead Pepto shaming
    2 points
  28. @bry4321 well played, Sir!
    2 points
  29. The Gear Page told me the account is "flagged" and they are "verifying authenticity" of the post and member. F' that guy.
    2 points
  30. Previously there were a couple things on the site map of the main page such as links to wiring diagrams and serial number information. Those are no longer available. Is it possible to readd them? 😎👍❤️🏁
    1 point
  31. But seriously, the guitar is listed at over three thousand dollars (plus, shipping?) and the complete description is: "I really like the color of this guitar. This guitar is original except the tuners. These came with Dimarzio pickups which were the best you could buy at that time and complete the look of this one." No.
    1 point
  32. Could it be related to the foam looking thingy on the Green Meanie? I always took that to be him micro adjusting his hand position (height) relative the strings. Could have just been a more complaint surface.
    1 point
  33. A lot of bass players will have their thumb look like that.
    1 point
  34. TDC... RIP Dolly. She always had a wholesome air about her.
    1 point
  35. Oh. That’s different. One need only to view the 1977 day on the green show. Those tens of thousands of rigatoni-armed skinnies could barely lift a bong to their faces, much less an 85 pound power amp into the back of a truck
    1 point
  36. I must admit that I’ve no idea re the mic discussion. SM 57s are still my vocabulary, which says a lot about where I’m at.
    1 point
  37. Thanks Dave, I’ll try to delete this thread shortly to help with the clean up.
    1 point
  38. RIP. Well, this should be the retirement signal for Billy Gibbons. End of an era.
    1 point
  39. Frank passed today. Now, only Billy remains. Damn.
    1 point
  40. Total opposite for me. I hated that shit growing up, well, high school. The backwoods people, fat guts, no shirt, Rebel flags and shotguns in their trucks. Deep brow. Square head. No proper English. Backy-chewin' twang voice. Tearing up fields in their trucks. Drive inn. Always causing fights. I was at a friend's gig in a field somewhere when I was maybe 20, their band wasn't great, but they were the hired band, and a bunch of those fat-belly slobs stormed the stage, took over the instruments, and started playing some sort of redneck Southern Rock. Really pissed us off and nearly caused a ruckus. I don't remember how it ended. I may have gotten in my car and left. I severely hated it. LS, Molly, Black Foot, etc. I mean, it would make me angry. Now I like it. Weird, eh? I mean, I don't blast it from my car like they blasted it from their trucks. But if it comes on a movie score, or I hear it in the grocery, or shows up on YouTube, it's kind of nostalgic. I haven't listened to the radio in 50 years. It was shit then and, if it's still around, I'm sure it's shit now. I don't own any Southern Rock albums / CDs so, that's that. But I keep my cowboy chords up playing Freebird fairly often.
    1 point
  41. And out the door I went 🎶
    1 point
  42. Couldn’t agree more. I have 3 of them, a tropical turquoise, a sunburst thinline, and now the Dakota red. The TT is easily my most played guitar.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...