Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer "Bucket List"

There's just one Hamer I want these days, and it's in the possession of a member of this board. Two P90s, a wraptail, and the Beatles.

I sure hope he sells it to me one day, and that I can afford it if he does. :unsure:

I haven't forgotten ;)

:lol:

When my wife saw that pic, she said "You're going to buy that, aren't you?"

I told her "Yep. Not today, but hopefully one day I'm going to tell you I'm buying that guitar and that will be that.".

If I could get a Talladega I could sell of some Hamers and be good with;

my Korina Standard,

my Newport,

my SuperPro,

and a new Tally.

That would more than well cover what I need tone wise.

But the other Hamers I have are still great, so I'll let them hang around for now.

i haven't owned all the hamers, but i've owned all the ones that trip my trigger EXCEPT

a korina jr (or better yet a special K or somesuch custom order w/ 2 P90's and wraptail).

I'd like a Sunburst with the Dan Armstrong headstock. Not too many of them around. Anyone got any pics ?

An early (77 - 79) Standard B&C maybe in Black and a Burst of the same spec (not Black).

When it comes to Hamers, I have been very lucky. I have had the opportunity to be the caretaker of many a fine Hamer. Some of them have been turned over to members of this forum and to others that need this or that.

There are a couple of "that would be nice" but really, there is still only one on my Bucket List. It has eluded me for decades.

"Here Hamer, Hamer, Hamer....Big Daddy Hamerica has a treat for you... ;^)" I feel I am getting close.

In reflection, my heart is full.

I have passed "GAS".

Not as excited as I used to be about hearing what might be under a bed from a"little ole lady from Pasadena"

The words "four digit" have been replaced with "College Fund" and that is slowly be replaced with "retirement fund"

Words like "Sniping," "Recreational Bidding" and "back door" haven't been uttered in years.

"Crack" Cracking cases that is has been a lot less.

Asking the guy at the local guitar store "Do you have any Hamers" and to be ridiculed or worse being handled a Slammer and the guy telling me "its vintage and our last USA model."

Just like the movie, its not necessarily what you do, its who you do it with. I still haven't met several people that were involved with Hamer, the man himself Paul Hamer being one. I really do need to make that a priority.

Hamerica

1. The most shredderiffic Standard evah! Floyd. Reverse Headstock. Ebony Board Bound & Crowned (I'll probably have to custom order it)

2. RED MOLLY

3. Blue Standard

4. Black Standard

5. Some type of Flame Cali

Seriously guys...PM me if you have any of these and are ready to let them go.

On the somewhat reasonable side, a Virt' and a T62.

From the Lotto Dreamland file, a 25.5" scale, 2-humbucker, Impact guitar with a 2Tek and Sustainiac and - perhaps needless to say - none of the goofy Lita graffitta on it.

Impact guitar!!!! That's genius!!!

1) Entwistle's former Standard Quad 12

2) Martin Turner's former Standard Bass

3) Ronni's missing Snakeskin Chap w/the sharkfin inlays

4) Pete Farndon's former pink B8S

5) Custom order 8-string

I think Martin sold his bass a year or so back (or was going to sell it).

Farndon's pink one was a B04-one of the top "gets" in my book too!

My main desire is to have my '80 color Special back that was "lost" in Canada in '81. That's what led me to this forum in the first place.

I think Martin sold his bass a year or so back (or was going to sell it).

Farndon's pink one was a B04-one of the top "gets" in my book too!

Yeah....and I know where it is and have been in contact with the guy. Martin told me he finally sold it because the neck went bad.

The top of my bucket list is TIME.(more hours and/or more focus) Time to give each wonderful Hamer it's proper attention. I've chipped away at the "list" for several years, and i've got some catching up to do with these special pieces.

It never occurred to me to include other people's Hamers.

In that case, I want The Punisher.

I want Serial's MGD 12-string. I think he has it, anyway....

I don't have to have Serial's but I would like one of those as well some day.

Hamerica

There's two fantasy Hamer's I have.

One is an artist with a wraptail, jazzburst and tortoise binding, one of the members on the board has it, forget the screen-name. I think maybe Veatch? Not sure.

The other is a Sunburst with the "Danelectro" headstock. I think they only made like five of those, I have know idea who has one. Maybe Peter Fung? He has a great collection.

Archived