Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My Little Apprentice

Northfield

My youngest daughter, Allison, has always shown a lot of interest in what I am up to in the shop. She loves when I have scrap wood that she can take and glue together into some animal shape or when I let her use a tool to create her next project. I have been a very proud Daddy showing her what I am doing and, when appropriate, letting her help out over the past few months. I hope we have a luthier in the making.....

011_zps5cb2bc45.jpg

012_zpsa22f9cb3.jpg

It's great you are patient enough to allow her to explore and understand what you're doing. She's appears to be doing a great job!

The question these photos raise for me is: is that a tack rag?! Are we that close to color on one or more?! :o:):wub:

No way. If I wanted a 9-year-old building my guitar, I'd buy chinese.

Of all the pics you've posted so far, these are my favorites. You're a lucky man and should be very proud.

No way. If I wanted a 9-year-old building my guitar, I'd buy chinese.

You mean like a fake Schecter?

Just ask him what is number is, usually shuts him up. ;)

Dick.

Yep this is great, I have two kids who have zero interest in dads guitar playing, wish they would. Would love to spend time going over riffs, solos they are into but its not to be. You are probably looking at the future of your company Mike and good on her :)

You are lucky here as you have a devout following who know your skills but when you start to up the numbers I would maybe hold back on the "finished by my daughter" line ;)

Happy new year

Geoff

Jim Marshall's daughter runs Marshall. Sterling Ball runs Ernie Ball. Hartley Peavey is still there at Peavey. Paul Reed Smith is still with PRS. Chris Martin is at the Martin factory every day. No one complains about the products. Maybe they complain about the business practices, but not the products.

Fender and Gibson are run by business people with a secondary interest in the product. We complain about the "nutty" things they do.

Can't imagine the feeling of pride, you'd feel If she gets bit by the guitar building bug.

Like any other parent that has their child decide to follow in their footsteps, what a gift.

Woodworking, and the ability to do it well, can take a person many places.

I know ther are a couple of cabinet makers who then turned luthiers. I'm sure it could go the other way as well

hmmmm, some kitchen cabinets with AAA flamed maple caps??? lol

prefer birdseye myself

Imagine if that ever caught on?? The merits of how the cabinets sounded when you closed them, old growth v newer maple - I better stop

Jim Marshall's daughter runs Marshall. Sterling Ball runs Ernie Ball. Hartley Peavey is still there at Peavey. Paul Reed Smith is still with PRS. Chris Martin is at the Martin factory every day. No one complains about the products. Maybe they complain about the business practices, but not the products.

Fender and Gibson are run by business people with a secondary interest in the product. We complain about the "nutty" things they do.

So true, so true. You forgot one, Bob Taylor is still president of Taylor Guitars and is at the factory every day.

I just finished reading The Inside Story written by Forrest White. He was the production manager at Fender until CBS took over. If you have not read it yet it's one to put on the list for sure!

So true, so true. You forgot one, Bob Taylor is still president of Taylor Guitars and is at the factory every day.

I just finished reading The Inside Story written by Forrest White. He was the production manager at Fender until CBS took over. If you have not read it yet it's one to put on the list for sure!

+1, the Inside Story... is awesome.

The question these photos raise for me is: is that a tack rag?! Are we that close to color on one or more?! :o:):wub:

Yup.... first few will be heading to the booth on Monday.....

IT'S MONDAY! STOKED!

As I understand it, a few went over yesterday with more going this week. To say that I'm stoked would be an understatement.

As I understand it, a few went over yesterday with more going this week. To say that I'm stoked would be an understatement.

Oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man oh man!!!!!!!!!

Archived