Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I have posted this image here before. The Pamela Moore Band circa 1983-84.

She went on to sing backup for Queensryche and is still gigging here in the great Northwest.

I am third from the left at all of 25-26 years old.

Pamela Moore Band.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How lost am I in the 80s? I added this retro throwback to the shop's tone arsenal just last week, after wanting one for decades.  

Ah, the 80s. At one point we decided to do individual band photos. Here's mine. I believe this was about 1989. By some miracle of genetics, I still have a full head of hair at age 59. The pe

“Finely groomed mustache?” More like they ran out of napkins at the local Hardee’s. 

Posted Images

And this image is from 1980. The band was "Gardian" on stage at the Paramount Theater in Seattle opening for Angel City from Australia. Angel City had a hit at the time on the radio "Take Me Away to Marseilles"

Wish I still had that '74 LP Custom 20th Anniversary.

Gardian.jpg

• Like 8

1981/2 aged 22/3. Gig in college bar, London (note leather trousers). '74 hardtail strat, later sold for '62 strat. '59 bassman. All sold in '86 as my part of deposit for house. (Then moved onto teles, then Les Paul, then lots - now 29 in total). First Hamer, '78 Sunburst bought in '84 - still have it right here. Had a 40 year (40 YEAR!!!) reunion last year - 3/4 of the band was there - unfortunately the singer had had throat cancer, fortunately caught early so he should be cured but had had surgery, radiotherapy & chemotherapy so couldn't sing. The '80s - happy days.

Bar (2).jpg

• Like 10

Well, I can't believe that I'm making this post as I pretty much never show these photos to anyone, LOL. I was in a group in the mid 80's that had big dreams (didn't they all), we had a pretty incredible stage show and a lot of desire. Packed up the whole shebang and moved from the Midwest to LA, got an apartment in Hollywood, etc...  It doesn't make the pictures any less cringe-worthy. 

For your entertainment, I submit the following: (I'm in the middle in the first one and on the left in the second one)

zTXCug6.jpg

e1Rg1N8.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
2 hours ago, HamerCustomEr said:

This picture is awesome!  I'm glad that you chose not to go with the hat. 

Yeah, I think that was my best attempt at a very short John Taylor. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 hours ago, it's me HHB said:

it was a wild ride

C'mon Bill lets see some mullet pics from your past

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 8/22/2020 at 3:22 PM, Brooks said:

C'mon Bill lets see some mullet pics from your past

I dont keep shit like that!

• Haha 4

The late 70s and the 80s were a blast...  Live music every night of the week and the best concerts.  This pic was from 1985, I think...

image.jpeg

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Len said:

I'll play along too .. I do miss the 80's

Len 1983.jpg

Now, I see where Shania Twain got her idea for an exposed midriff!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Len said:

Len 1983.jpg

(*offstage voice*):
“Hey, Pauly! Hurry da fuck up an’ finish ya set! Craft service is gonna close and dey got meatballs! MEATBALLS, Pauly!!

Edited by RobB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Len said:

I'll play along too .. I do miss the 80's

Len 1983.jpg

That pic has some mileage here at HFC.  And now that I think about it, that image reminds me of a young Billy Gibbons.

spacer.png

Edited by Biz Prof
  • Like 2

My hair in the '80's was U.S. Air Force regulation for most of the decade, so not much creativity to be had there.  What with retirement and The Pandemic, my hair's now nearly as long as it was when I was in High School, and I still have most of it, so I'm making up for lost time.  B)

Signing my life away did have it's perks in the '80's, though...a two-year service tour in the UK, a two-year service tour in The Philippines, followed by a three-year service tour in the UK again, into the '90's.  I loved playing tourist when duty allowed, but I hated the "getting there" part.  I hope I never see the inside of a bus station/train station/ferry station/airport ever again!

Edited by crunchee
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Is this the "Subject yourself to public shaming" therapy thread?

I'm in!

fullsizeoutput_e22.jpeg

• Like 8
13 hours ago, BadgerDave said:

Is this the "Subject yourself to public shaming" therapy thread?

I'm in!

fullsizeoutput_e22.jpeg

I'm diggin' the Kramer bass. which one is you?

• Like 1

Kramer aluminum neck bass through an Acoustic solid state amp with 15s and a horn.  It was a powerful tone for sure.

I'm the guy with the tiger shirt.  Note the Hamer Special lurking behind me.  The photographer thought the RIC looked more "current".

• Like 3

Image may contain: one or more people

First real band. This picture is from the fall of '79. I am on the lower left. More of a Susanne Pleshette look than the mullet that followed. I am still in touch with most of these guys.

Image may contain: 4 people

This was two years later. Completely different group of guys. The drinking age was still 18 at the time so we put these all over our High School. The Rising Sun booked two bands per night 6 nights a week. Each band played alternate sets so you had to jam everything on the stage or tear down between. The ashtrays were cat food cans with the labels removed. We thought was had it MADE when we got a weekend slot there. The audience was about 80% underage and nobody cared-not the cops, not the club owners, not the kids' parents. An old girlfriend had taken this poster down off the wall and found it when she was cleaning out her parents' house. I was shocked to see it when I opened the envelope.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, kizanski said:

HA! The Rising Slum!  One of my haunts BITD!

Remember how Moe would answer the phone? 

"Hello RISING Sun"

And Eddie counting the money with the little visor on his head?

What a scene that place was.

3 minutes ago, Funky Chicken said:

What a scene that place was.

I don't remember any of that stuff, no.  I was usually...otherwise...occupied.

I do recall a bit of urban legend, however, which had to do with a drunk Paul (before he was) "Ace" Frehley passing out on the bar.
Did you ever hear that one?

Just now, kizanski said:

I don't remember any of that stuff, no.  I was usually...otherwise...occupied.

I do recall a bit of urban legend, however, which had to do with a drunk Paul (before he was) "Ace" Frehley passing out on the bar.
Did you ever hear that one?

I had heard that. 

I remember another band that we double billed with a few times called "Shell Shock". They had gotten hold of some pre-everything wireless units and the guitarists would 

roller skate around the room. They played' "Jukebox Hero" and subbed in the words "Shell Shock's gonna make it to the top" Oy vey.

• Haha 3

Ah, the 80s.

At one point we decided to do individual band photos. Here's mine. I believe this was about 1989.

By some miracle of genetics, I still have a full head of hair at age 59. The perm grew out a long time ago, though.

DV of TOH_1.jpg

• Like 12