Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Gold Strike! Another Paris Custom (SCIII)

atomicwash

My "home office" is at the dinning room table facing our front window. It was a long day today. FedEx drove by three times before the fourth truck finally stopped and DELIVERED A SHISHKOV!

This is the one you've been waiting for (and me too!) - A gold foil SCIII.

PDVJH2O.jpg

XZVPueP.jpg

The color variation in different lighting is amazing.

uGhOwv0.jpg

Photos by @Northfield

SPECS:

Striking gold foil

Maple top / mahogany back & neck

Satin neck finish and gloss body / headstock

Brazilian rosewood fretboard

Fat neck profile  :)

Gravelin Charlotte  bridge pickup

Kinman 580 P-90 neck pickup

Mastery vibrato

Faber TOM bridge

Grover tuners

Fabulous matching gold logo

Paris truss rod cover

You're right, I was waiting eagerly to see this! 

Very cool choices, this is custom as it gets, Cheers! Would love to see and hear it sometime, maybe join the shish chat one it gets dialed in. 

I do love the contrast with the Goldtop and cherry back!  Is the satin neck urelac or is it a stained oil finish?

Also, the gold foil logo is the perfect finishing touch. Congrats on another cool Shish!

3 hours ago, Jakeboy said:

Ok..can you compare the Mastery vibrato to a typical Strat vibrato system?

Not really, it’s like a Jazzmaster trem. No heavy wanking on this one. They do however do a very smooth and tasty trem effect!

I may or may not have strolled through the magical workshop last night and I may or may not have noticed some gold flake still hanging in the air...

:D

57 minutes ago, G Man said:

Love it, and the mastery jazzmaster trem is the bomb.  Curious as to the switching, or lack thereof.  I see the cavity on the back of the guitar, but no switch on top.  What gives?

The switch cavity cover is just in case I don't like my new wiring scheme. 

I'm looking forward to the tone report.  The "tip" and TRC is such a nice touch - is that rosewood?  Doesn't look like ebony.    

The Cobras have been amazing in their own right, but these evolutions from the original Maverick absolutely blow me away. 

I just can't wait to see if the Paris body style catches on.   

32 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:I just can't wait to see if the Paris body style catches on.   

There are a few others with that body shape - it’s the “SC IIII” (or SC3), as I understand it.   The “PARIS” name is exclusive to this beyond stunning instrument!

Archived