mc2 Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 A rather unusual '83 FACTORY graphic of a TV test pattern on a Blitz.....with some history: From Jol: "...I think that this guitar was made for Roman Sawczak, guitarist for Chicago radio legend Steve Dahl’s band [Teenage Radiation.] They had a morning TV show called “It’s Too Early” thus the TV test pattern graphic." http://www.gbase.com/gear/hamer-blitz-explorer-1983-custom
svl Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 I love Dahl, and Roman was a good guitarist, but that thing is something even a graphic freak like me can't understand.What did it sell for?
Feynman Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 I'm going to deem that one "awesome." I'm not necessarily known for having good taste though.
ItTakesAVillage Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Dig it once I read the correlation to the TV test pattern.
crunchee Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 A paint job only a TV broadcast engineer could love...or know what the hell it is. I wouldn't mind having a graphic of this on a guitar, though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Head_test_card
Kurt L Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 A paint job only a TV broadcast engineer could love...or know what the hell it is. Ah yes, SMPTE color bars... now all you need is a matching Blitz with screen shots of a waveform monitor and vector scope. (Even better idea - a vector scope on a Hamer Vector!!!!) Kurt (B.S. in Radio-TV-Film and 23 years in broadcasting and video production) Edited to add... definitely cool.
burningyen Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Cool in my book! Would have preferred a black headstock, though.
dhuber Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 My vote is UGLY! and I was a channel switcher at a TV broadcast station in college. UGLY!
zorrow Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 A black headstock could have saved it, but like that it's just wrong. Fugly, yes.
atquinn Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Yeah, I'm going to have to go with fugly on that one, but hey at least it doesn't have gold hardware - Austin
tomteriffic Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Ummmm.... Odd. That's what it is.I'd give it to my lifelong best buddy/ex brother-in-law who has been in broadcasting since he was 10. He doesn't play, but when I go back home, I could borrow it rather than bringing a guitar along.
HAMERMAN Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 I am usually all for loud and colorful but this one doesn't do it for me. More strange than fugly. If it had a standard style headstock I would like it more but that's always the case.
diablo175 Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Hmm. Sorry, Fugly imo. And the white head stock? Nail in the coffin for me.
kenjones Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 It looks like my business card! If I had bought this guitar I could write it off, correct?
Steve Haynie Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 What was the final selling price on that one? That Blitz could be used effectively if someone in a band is going to be videoed for a news report. The camera and editing guys might be tempted to used more shots of that guitar and the guy playing it.
psc3251 Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Definately cool......but it seems only the Broadcast / video guys can love this one..... Didin't realise there were so many of us guys on the forum.....kenjones / Kurt L ....... been 20 years in the business myself- my mate & I have a broadcast business going over here in Scotland- we've 6 HD, 3 Sd cameras. 5 edit suites and 2 satellite uplink trucks!!!! Hamers & TV- god, this is the ultimate forum.... Cheers Dave
Bobby Marshall Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 It looks like my business card! If I had bought this guitar I could write it off, correct? Yes. I would include under advertising & promotion expense on your tax return. I won't charge you for the advice, this time.
Bobby Marshall Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Original, one of a kind, Hamer graphic = cool every time (so far)
whiskeyzulu Posted November 18, 2011 Posted November 18, 2011 Both fugly (in 2011) and super cool (for 1980s) There's gotta be alot of 80's and retro cover band players that would love it!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.