Camstone Posted January 28, 2020 Posted January 28, 2020 Sold! Thanks for playing. So, I have decided to part company with this amazing instrument. Ordered through BCR in 2006, got it in 2007. My name is on the certificate/build sheet from Hamer. Truly a great guitar, but never gets played. It is based on a Korina Junior. The factory upgrades are : Ultimate Quilt top, ebony fretboard, tortoise binding, Lollar P-90, ebony headstock overlay. One of the most highly figured quilt tops I have ever seen. Kind of breathtaking when you open the case. Rings like a bell and sustains like no other guitar that I own. Not much playing time over the years. Perhaps a bit of pick hazing on the pickguard? But no dings, scratches or chips. Call it 9.5 out of 10? There is a scratch on the case tolex. $2250.00 shipped and insured Paypal gift. Somewhere there is a "Most Iconic Hamer" thread and this one was nominated. The 5 pics are obviously from when BCR Greg received it from the factory. PM me here or email greenmanstone at gmail
hamerhead Posted January 28, 2020 Posted January 28, 2020 3 minutes ago, Camstone said: .....this amazing instrument. Pretty much sums it up. Good luck!
django49 Posted January 28, 2020 Posted January 28, 2020 Korina body AND neck(?). Ebony, Lollar wraptail. WOW!
atomicwash Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 I can relax now. So glad I didn’t ask about the neck profile.
BoogieMKIIA Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 If I had the cash I would have snagged it. One of the nicest looking guitars I have seen.
hamertek98 Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 One of my favorites over the years. Question to myself: Am I wrong thinking binding woulda messed up the looks and vibe? Pretty much a perfect rock n anything machine....
gtrdaddy Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 14 minutes ago, The Shark said: How did I miss this? You Sir, blinked.
killerteddybear Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 2 hours ago, hamertek98 said: One of my favorites over the years. Question to myself: Am I wrong thinking binding woulda messed up the looks and vibe? Pretty much a perfect rock n anything machine.... IMO you are correct. Binding would detract from the overall panache.
Ua D Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 You guys should read the whole description. Tortoise binding. Which goes perfect with the look. 😜
hamerhead Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 6 hours ago, Ua D said: Tortoise binding. Now, I've seen that guitar since the day it was first posted, 13-odd years ago. Today I saw tortoise binding.
hamertek98 Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 6 hours ago, Ua D said: You guys should read the whole description. Tortoise binding. Which goes perfect with the look. 😜 On the neck?!?
Joe G Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 I remember that one. IMHO, it plays as great as it looks and the tortoise binding blends the top edge to the sides perfectly. I'm glad that I did not see this fs ad until this morning, or it would be on its way to NY. Congrats to the new owner!
gtrdaddy Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 10 hours ago, hamertek98 said: One of my favorites over the years. Question to myself: Am I wrong thinking binding woulda messed up the looks and vibe? Pretty much a perfect rock n anything machine.... It needs a first fret crown.
Travis Posted January 29, 2020 Posted January 29, 2020 2 hours ago, gtrdaddy said: It needs a first fret crown. I think you meant “victory”.... 😜
Ua D Posted January 30, 2020 Posted January 30, 2020 On 1/29/2020 at 4:09 AM, hamerhead said: Now, I've seen that guitar since the day it was first posted, 13-odd years ago. Today I saw tortoise binding. I’ve not been around here that long, but I never saw it either until it was mentioned by Cam.
ARM OF HAMER Posted January 30, 2020 Posted January 30, 2020 On 1/29/2020 at 7:59 AM, Joe G said: I remember that one. IMHO, it plays as great as it looks and the tortoise binding blends the top edge to the sides perfectly. I'm glad that I did not see this fs ad until this morning, or it would be on its way to NY. Congrats to the new owner! Stunning guitar!..................................its in great company here. One lucky guy who ever score this one!
Joe G Posted January 31, 2020 Posted January 31, 2020 A pic of the Cam Jr. next to the BCR Jr.and a couple of others that I still have.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.